Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Iron Maiden's business empire was ever organised and co-ordinated, they'd be dangerous. A brilliant marketing concept ends up looking like an incomplete concept album.

Nobody trolled anyone. You guys hyped yourselves into thinking ATG would be played for no objective reason at all, and now you're sulking at the band for it.
The tour is linked to the game, any song added to the game had a very good chance of making the setlist....adding the song everyone wants just before the tour starts....sounds a bit troll like to me although not by the band.
they added to the game the clansman in the last 2 weeks, and it was clearly a spoiler. Our approach still does not sound stupid to me.

I still suspect, they may have considered ATG as an option.

Last edited:
ATG was never going to happen. It never will. Personally, I think the band don't care for the song that much anyway. I know Nicko likes it but no one else has said positive things about it ever (Edit Steve said he liked it around the album release. But then again he always says stuff like that). If they liked it that much they would have played it on the tour.

Plus I can't see a band in their 60's re-learning an epic song that they wrote in their mid 20's. Sure you could argue that they did it with SSOASS that was still a fair few years ago now.

Personally, I like the song. It would be great live but the band clearly don't have a vested interest in relearning it.

Rant over.

I am still blown away by the production of the stage set ! I would like from now on, every tour stage to be like this or even better... :)

The backdrop for Where Eagles Dare is amazing ! It creates visual images in my mind about the World War II and the American General that has been hiding in the rocks from the Nazis - where only eagles dare to go.

Last edited:
they added to the game the clansman in the last 2 weeks, and it was clearly a spoiler. Our approach still does not sound stupid to me.

I still suspect, they may have considered ATG as an option.

Then again, Clansman Eddie was more or less destined to be featured at some point and the song was expected to be played anyway.

Then again, Clansman Eddie was more or less destined to be featured at some point and the song was expected to be played anyway.
Maybe yes, what I say does not prove that they had any communication.

However, right after its release in the game, the Iron Maiden (not the game) social media accounts referred to the clansman character in the game. Then we were almost sure that it was in the set. It is quite possible that the band told them what to do about clansman, and when to do it.

It is not a big deal, but it was quite normal for us to take into account what is thrown at us in the name of LOTB. We anticipated most of the setlist correctly with that logic.

Guys I think that we all know deep inside that they most probably will never play ATG. They did not manage to play it in the rehearsals back in the day, let alone now that they screw up much easier songs like Paschendale and SOTC.
apart from that it is still a privilege that we can still enjoy them live after all these years. However their music is demanding and it seems that we shouldn't be able to see them perform on a frequent basis some time soon.

Say thanks to my friend who was a couple rows more in the front and a few other people who passed me that info.

I only saw Aces High on that set before 1st gig. Other songs I posted there were other people's observations in that 2 seconds, when Collin was duct-taping the set to Dave's pedalboard.

34864492_10155361621012051_6187584732797075456_o.jpg

H and Steve played at Bayern's grounds yesterday in a 2-2 draw.

DfExtwgWkAAjCug

L-R

Cali Series strat, 70's Strat with JB and '59, Cream and Black Floyd Rose Classic Strats (the black one has new pickups, no more black Hot Rails in bridge position).

Aces High, WED, 2MTM, TNOTB, IM - 70's Strat
The Wicker Man - Cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat
Everything else - Cali Series Strat

DfExtwgWkAAjCug

L-R

Cali Series strat, 70's Strat with JB and '59, Cream and Black Floyd Rose Classic Strats (the black one has new pickups, no more black Hot Rails in bridge position).

Aces High, WED, 2MTM, TNOTB, IM - 70's Strat
The Wicker Man - Cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat
Everything else - Cali Series Strat

Is the last Strat (Black Floyd Rose Classic) the same as the one that Dave used in Rock In Rio 2001... o_O I also think that this Strat is still unused on this tour.

It seems that Dave is chose only Strats for this tour like Janick does for pretty much every tour (no more Les Paul's guitars for Davey) :D

Last edited:
Is the last Strat (Black Floyd Rose Classic) the same as the one that Dave used in Rock In Rio 2001... o_O I also think that this Strat is still unused on this tour.

It seems that Dave is choose only Strats for this tour like Janick does for pretty much every tour (no more Les Paul's guitars for Davey) :D

Yes it is. Dave had both the Cream and the Black FR Classics on RIR. In fact, the Black FR classic came on board a few shows into Ed Hunter Tour with the Cream one following soon.

The Black FR Classic had the bridge pickup changed to black Hot Rails before GMETID tour and it remained there until last year, it seems. The last time Dave used this guitar on stage was somewhere in Australia during TBOS 2016 tour.

In the process of searching which was the first show for the black FR Classic Strat, I stumbled upon this video:

Last video of Maiden as a 5 piece band:

Aaaaand, the first show that Davey played with that Black FR Classic: Milwaukee 1999 @Kalata

@matic22 - I expected Dave to use the new white Strat that he debuted on the TBOS tour 2017 leg and to be his main guitar for the current tour:

22p(3).jpg

Yes it is. Dave had both the Cream and the Black FR Classics on RIR. In fact, the Black FR classic came on board a few shows into Ed Hunter Tour with the Cream one following soon.

The Black FR Classic had the bridge pickup changed to black Hot Rails before GMETID tour and it remained there until last year, it seems. The last time Dave used this guitar on stage was somewhere in Australia during TBOS 2016 tour.

I think that he also used this Strat (Black FR Classic) on the 2010 leg of TFF tour !

If I'm not mistaken it with this Strat, that Dave also used (for the last time) during TFF tour 2010 leg (is this the same Strat as the one from the 80's):

18.JPG

I think that he also used this Strat (Black FR Classic) on the 2010 leg of TFF tour !

If I'm not mistaken it with this Strat, that Dave also used (for the last time) during TFF tour 2010 leg (is this the same Strat as the one from the 80's):

View attachment 7010

No. This is the first Signature Series prototype (2009) with Floyd Rose added).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back