Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read all the posts, but still do not get why FtGGoG is an issue. Who puts it into doubt, a stupid reviewer or what? It just works perfectly fine, and we want to see a well-recorded live version of THIS EPIC SONG on the next concert album.

I'm glad there's four songs from Piece of Mind on the setlist, that's my favorite record. But I would've liked to see To Tame a Land instead of Revelations which was played on the Maiden England Tour.

Winged Harris:

33963864_10155337630542051_8410962029170393088_n.jpg
Excellent photo! Is that another John McMurtrie pic?

Live production of that album can't be replicated and that was learned in 1986. They don't like how it sounds live. Steve loves the album, just not the way it sounds live. They admit they have live recordings from that tour but I think they're embarrassed by the way it sounds.
Wait, what? I thought they didn't have any, and that's why they used some video audience video from the Sheffield 1986 gig for the History Of... videos?

It's a good song. I've always liked it. Just doesn't need to be a concert staple.
I respect your opinion. I think most people (including me) would rather see literally any other song from SiT. And I am a firm believer that if Maiden isn't going to play Alexander the Great ever (and they are not) then there's only two songs worth hearing from SiT live.

So suffice to say, I agree that it shouldn't be a staple.

What two are you referring to?

Wasted Years goes down the best live. I'd say Sea of Madness is up there, this lineup (especially Bruce in his current form) could handle it especially well. Stranger In a Strange Land was OK. I think if it was a concert staple people would get tired of it pretty quickly. I actually think Caught Somewhere In Time would benefit from a rhythm guitarist (Janick) under the twin leads.

Oh, Wasted Years and SIASL. I like Sea of Madness plenty as a song, I think it would not be great live. Rest of the album, take it rather than leave it.

Heaven Can Wait is great in studio and live. Every concert? Nah, but it's always nice when it's in the setlist. Until I found this forum I thought it was underrated rather than overrated. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back