Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was told by someone I know that went to the show Bruce said "everything doens't always go as planned" be interesting to see what he meant by that, possible flow of the set order or a song that didn't work.

The main website still has the "SETLIST REVEAL" up (from the first gig); so unless that goes somewhere in the next hour or two we can safely assume the setlist (order & songs) is pretty locked in.

All right guys, the hype train is currently boarding. Ticket prices start at $0.00; we also use pesos, pounds, euros, etc. Can pay cash or credit, but remember: NO PERSONAL CHECKS!

I have a bad feeling that they will drop FGGOG for wrathchild or something like that.

Well, I'm dead center at tbe barrier in Helsinki. Long story how I got here. Yesterday I thought that Tallin is the only gig this month.

And, yeah, Killswitch Engage sucks.

Have fun!

Plus considering it was teased back in November I get the impression that was a top priority for them. I really doubt they'll drop it after one gig.

Bruce is really in shape but will he pull out the whole tour like first night? I think there will be something like "it didn't flow with the audience". Also, I think that's the only song that has no banner or some specific stage stuff so if they are going to change songs that will be the one.

I don't think the audience response is a real concern here. Changes in setlist happen rarely for them and I don't think we have any solid proof that it ever happened as a reaction to dead crowd (I might be wrong on this, though, maybe there are some interviews to back it up).

As for Bruce, he usually gets better as the tour goes, so I think he'll be fine.

The only reason they would drop it is if they cared about the dead audience reaction to it
"Phantom of the Opera" would be a good replacement, for the same length (and better crowd reaction), but removing a reunion song (from the few there already are) would not give the right message I guess.

They threw out wrathchild in 2014. Just like that with no replacement. I know that loneliness was dropped for the same reason after the first show.

They threw out wrathchild in 2014. Just like that with no replacement. I know that loneliness was dropped for the same reason after the first show.
What reason?

Listening to the bootleg, I think TLOTLDR was dropped because it killed the rhythm of the show, but there might have been other reasons (but the balance difficulty/effect seems to be the first reason, in my opinion).

Can someone tell how long is the running time of the whole concert (+ Bruce speeches, intro to songs etc...)

Another interesting thing about Where Eagles Dare: It has been played on no more and no less than 1 tour in each decade of the band's existence. Are there any other songs where this can be said?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot it was on a couple Somewhere On Tour shows. What I said is still true if we only count it being a regular part of the setlist.

Another interesting thing about Where Eagles Dare: It has been played on no more and no less than 1 tour in each decade of the band's existence. Are there any other songs where this can be said?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot it was on a couple Somewhere On Tour shows. What I said is still true if we only count it being a regular part of the setlist.
Powerslave I guess. World Slavery Tour, Ed Huntour, SBIT and TBOS.

The only song that I think it has a chance to be dropped is FTGGOG, but it is a set piece on the whole show, so I'm not so sure !

- candidates for alternates: Prowler, Killers, SIASL, Alexander the Great, NPFTD, BYD... TTS, BQOBD, GOTN, BNW, OOTSP, Rainmaker.... :D

What reason?

Listening to the bootleg, I think TLOTLDR was dropped because it killed the rhythm of the show, but there might have been other reasons (but the balance difficulty/effect seems to be the first reason, in my opinion).

Audience didn't accept it as they expected.

What reason?

was dropped because it didn't flow. Steve loved it in rehearsal but when it came to show time, I guess it didn't work with the flow of things....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back