Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fan since 2001. Love the reunion era but always disliked final frontier.
Book of Souls is quite good but too overblown and long
Fan since 1987. Love the reunion era but always disliked final frontier.
Book of Souls is quite good and sounds to me much shorter than it really is. For instance, sounds shorter than TFF or TXF. It's a miracle :eek:

Fan since 1987. Love the reunion era but always disliked final frontier.
Book of Souls is quite good and sounds to me much shorter than it really is. For instance, sounds shorter than TFF or TXF. It's a miracle :eek:

Yup, TBOS sounds much more inspired and energetic than TFF. And even with occasional dragging parts it has a great flow and pacing thorough the record. A very good album with a couple of outstanding songs.

TBOS flows really well compared to TFF and AMOLAD (imo), mainly because of short rockers like Speed of Light, WTRRD and DOG.

Last edited:
The mid-part of the song is certainly not intended to make the song longer. It's more variation than repetition, and it has its own dynamic and serves the purpose of the song and even of the story it tells. The same goes with the great part after the solos. I wish Maiden/Harris did more of this, altthough I love the "square angle" approach (passing from one them to a completely different one).

Where Eagles Dare doesn't really bother me so much as it is the first time I really noticed the "excessive" repetition. In this case it is just a couple extra repeated bars before Bruce comes in for the last verse. I always expect him to come in sooner.

TBOS flows really well compared to TFF and AMOLAD (imo), mainly because of short rockers like Speed of Light, WTRRD and DOD.

The order of the songs has a lot to do with this too, I think. On The Final Frontier the first half is all the shorter songs, then the second is all the epics. The track listing is a bit more even on The Book of Souls.

Watching the Stockholm show right now. Damn....what a start. Three of my all time favourite tracks at the start of the show. What an explosive kick in. Then the Clansman......why????

Watching the Stockholm show right now. Damn....what a start. Three of my all time favourite tracks at the start of the show. What an explosive kick in. Then the Clansman......why????

I know you're not a fan of it or any more or less "new" stuff, but your question is easy to answer to: the band seems to like playing it after a very long time and crowd(s) seem to enjoy it quite a lot as well.

Reactions: Gk1
I know you're not a fan of it or any more or less "new" stuff, but your question is easy to answer to: the band seems to like playing it after a very long time and crowd(s) seem to enjoy it quite a lot as well.

And because the song is a top-notch classic ! Even the fans that do not like the albums with Blaze, acknowledge that The Clansman is a fantastic song. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back