Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it, though? Bruce has always said he's disappointed that the album didn't fully follow through with the concept.

I think Steve had said that Bruce had thought at the time that the concept album that Queensrÿche had done, was better than SSOASS. :eek:

With the inclusion of FOI on the current tour, it seems that Purgatory and to some extent SIASL (5 times in 1999 are too little) are the only singles from the 80's that are not represented/resurrected on the Maiden reunion setlists ! Infinite Dreams is a live single, so I don't know if it counts.

I also did not mention Twilight Zone, because it was not part of the original release of the album !

Last edited:
Women in Uniform seems a bit overlooked as well, no?

Well, that is a cover of the band Skyhooks - not a original Maiden song ! The idea of that cover was suggested by the band's publishing company Zomba and Steve had said that he never like it, like was the case with the Maiden Japan live EP - the recording company wanted a live album.

Bruce and Adrian were interviewed together and agreed on TNOTB (top choice for both of them), Killers, POM and BNW. Bruce's 5th pick was Powerslave, whilst Adrian chose SIT. The interviewer did not bring SSOASS though.

If I remember correctly, Steve and Dave went with DOD, BNW, IM, TXF and, in the absence of SSOASS, Rock in Rio.

I think Bruce had said that his favorite Maiden album was POM, but when BNW came out, he putted it at the top.

I think Steve had said that Bruce had thought at the time that the concept album that Queensrÿche had done, was better than SSOASS. :eek:
Bruce is right; as a concept album, Operation: Mindcrime is far better. Possibly even as an album in its own right....

Well, all four songs from the second half of the album are definitely part of a same story and concept. It's only the first half that's a little more convoluted, but if you squint, you can actually force those into the same story.

Well... that's why I mentioned that only the second half is clearly part of a same concept. All albums could be called concept albums if you forced the songs into a concept. Technically, you can force any existing song into any concept you'd like.

It’s a great album, certainly. It just doesn’t work as well as a concept album, IMO. But I’ve thought that since I first listened to it...

I see some of you don't recognise a joke...

But...
View attachment 7125
iron-maiden-messe-freiburg-2018-dave-murray-192864.jpg

Davey had a clearly visible bald spot on the back of his head as far back as 1999 (as featured in one of the FC magazines from that year), so it is pretty obvious that he has had something done to his hair.

I've just realised, the sounds playing before Revelations sound identical to the TBOS tour intro video? I haven't checked to see if it is, but sounds familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back