Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much so. I suppose we should thank Rock in Rio for that; I like Blaze's vocals on them too, but Bruce really brought those songs to a whole new level and nailed them like they were "his own". I know many casual fans who've listened to RIR quite a lot and I suppose for many fans it's one of the first if not THE first live record they've heard from Maiden. The Clansman seems to have stuck in people's head pretty well. Also, many people who don't really enjoy or listen to Blaze albums at all usually came up with comment "-- but The Clansman is a great song though."

Exactly. I would say anything from Rock In Rio could be considered as classic. Oh, well, not "classic", but at least something that people would immediately know and sing.

Lolwut. They played the whole album live and repeatedly praised it in interviews since. Not sure why you think those songs were any more of a “necessity” than anything else on the set in 2010. It’s pretty obvious that they’re all fond of that album.
They are fond of it, but sadly that doesn't show on setlists. It's great to have FTGGOG back and I would also like to hear TROBB again (I hope they play it sometime).

I don’t know about that. There haven’t been many opportunities for songs to be included. Maiden England and TBOS tours didnt really have room for AMOLAD.

I don’t know about that. There haven’t been many opportunities for songs to be included. Maiden England and TBOS tours didnt really have room for AMOLAD.

Well, I hoped that TROBB would remain in the set during 2011. It didn't. They could've added something in 2017, but they didn't and opted for Wrathchild again.

And there is 0 official live versions of AMLOAD songs, which is a crime.

Well, I hoped that TROBB would remain in the set during 2011. It didn't. They could've added something in 2017, but they didn't and opted for Wrathchild again.

And there is 0 official live versions of AMLOAD songs, which is a crime.

You seem to forget the Different World single... ;)

A Matter of Life and Death feels almost concept-like. It maintains an unique kind of atmosphere all through its entirety, which in turn makes it hardly accessible. It wouldn't fit in the 2011 setlist because of the theme and tone of the other songs; a song, any song from it would kill the flow of the entire set (maybe they could've fitted "These Colours Don't Run" in "2 Minutes"'s place, but then again, since 2006 Maiden never includes a song from the past album in new album tours). It had absolutely no place in the Book of Souls Tour due to the theme; granted "Wrathchild" also doesn't have anything to do with the theme of that tour, but then again it's barely 3 minutes long. Nearly all AMOLAD songs are more than 6 minutes long, with the shortest one being 4:18 and very hard to fit anywhere outside of the album itself. To me, the lack of songs on tour doesn't say anything about the band's appreciation of the album, or lack of it. It means nothing.

Well, it took them 12 years to realise that AMLOAD is a great album and included something from it on a greatest hits tour (TCDR and TROBB felt that they were included more out of necessity in 2010).

AMOLAD is one of Bruce's favourite Maiden albums. Perhaps they feel the material works better as a whole album.

AMOLAD songs in 2011 would’ve been great. Other than that, I don’t think it was reasonable to expect AMOLAD songs on any tour until now.

I knew about Seventh Son and TXF being his top favorites with POM coming right behind, but DOD? When and where was that?

It was back in 2005, interviewed backstage with Dave Murray. Adrian and Bruce were also interviewed but chose different albums.

The different parts of the interview used to be available on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back