Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that, The Wicker Man is the best reunion song - great short rocker which is on par with 2MTM if you ask me ! For me, a top 5 song :)

These two songs are essential for Adrian with their fantastic riffs and tempo.

I am not surprised that Steve chose SOTC as one of his favorites in the set, considering TXF is his favorite album.

The biggest (and bravest) surprise for me is the fact that out of three epic songs in the set, none is from 80's. And that is one of the reasons why this tour is so awesome.

While going through my records from Firenze Rocks, I noticed how Bruce targeted Nicko.

If you give fire into the hands of a troll, this is what you get. :D

Smart_Select_20180622_194922_Video_Player.gif

I'm eagerly awaiting Iron Maiden to switch Clansman out for Wrathchild when they play in Aberdeen and only for that one show.
No, no, get with the program -- we're getting off the "Wrathchild" meme! Instead you're eagerly awaiting Bruce's version of air drumming during the Blaze-era songs!
QKfD_o.gif

I'm eagerly awaiting Iron Maiden to switch Clansman out for Wrathchild when they play in Aberdeen and only for that one show.
I'm desperate for that to happen. In fact, I might hit the bars in Aberdeen before the show and spread a rumour that they won't be playing 'The Clansman' anymore.

I will say that, The Wicker Man is the best reunion song - great short rocker which is on par with 2MTM if you ask me ! For me, a top 5 song :)

These two songs are essential for Adrian with their fantastic riffs and tempo.

Dude.......no please don't. 2MTM on par with TWM. Wow......

I've come to find that "The Wicker Man" is actually a tad bit overrated. It's not the 10/10 song I used to think it was anymore (though it's still a 9/10), and I don't think it ranks among the best Maiden material. Not even H's best material. It's actually only #76 on my rankings, where it used to be around 40 or so. It's dropped considerably for me lately.

I've come to find that "The Wicker Man" is actually a tad bit overrated. It's not the 10/10 song I used to think it was anymore (though it's still a 9/10), and I don't think it ranks among the best Maiden material. Not even H's best material. It's actually only #76 on my rankings, where it used to be around 40 or so. It's dropped considerably for me lately.

I'm sad to hear that :( It is one of my favorite songs and it really has a fantastic riff/melody/chorus/solo - hit single for Maiden !

I'm really pleased that is on the LOTB setlsit.

I am not surprised that Steve chose SOTC as one of his favorites in the set, considering TXF is his favorite album.

The biggest (and bravest) surprise for me is the fact that out of three epic songs in the set, none is from 80's. And that is one of the reasons why this tour is so awesome.

As far as I can remember, back in the late 90s he mentioned POM, SSOASS and TXF. By 2005 he had added DOD to the list. No idea what he would choose nowadays.

I knew about Seventh Son and TXF being his top favorites with POM coming right behind, but DOD? When and where was that?

Dance of Death was the most recent album so maybe that's why.
this is why it is good to give some time to the band for a true evaluation. In each new album, we see that either Nicko or Steve argues that it is (among) the best ever done.

In a way, understandable: why would they release something they don't like. But also, time always changes these perceptions. Some albums grow in time, some others disappear.

this is why it is good to give some time to the band for a true evaluation. In each new album, we see that either Nicko or Steve argues that it is (among) the best ever done.

In a way, understandable: why would they release something they don't like. But also, time always changes these perceptions. Some albums grow in time, some others disappear.
Well, it took them 12 years to realise that AMLOAD is a great album and included something from it on a greatest hits tour (TCDR and TROBB felt that they were included more out of necessity in 2010).

Well, it took them 12 years to realise that AMLOAD is a great album and included something from it on a greatest hits tour (TCDR and TROBB felt that they were included more out of necessity in 2010).
Lolwut. They played the whole album live and repeatedly praised it in interviews since. Not sure why you think those songs were any more of a “necessity” than anything else on the set in 2010. It’s pretty obvious that they’re all fond of that album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back