Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the thing is they are very comfortable with the same old shit thinking that it always works but it's totally obsolete and there's no surprise when the lights off and start the show. They were very good in the 80's with very well constructed stages and light show but since then it's always the same. They need a new Dave Lights with very creative mind and they need more ambitious with the stage production. Another example of good stage production is Roger Waters. All these bands spend money in that. Big stage production, light show, pyro, screens, lasers, inflatables, they change set lists through the tours…

In fact I hate Eddies backdrops, I don't need an Eddie backdrop with each song. I remember Infinite Dreams or Moonchild how they create ambience with red backdrop or sunset backdrops behind the iceberg…
I do completely agree Maidens stage show is very outdated, just about every major touring band these days are doing better with modern technology and innovative ideas, but Maiden are stuck in the past in that sense, it especially looks really outdated and cheap in stadiums, they need to really invest in a brand new show and completely overhaul the boxed in design, its not as tho they dont have the budget to do it

Come on, don’t moan. At least we now have someone at FOH doing the band’s sound justice.

I do completely agree Maidens stage show is very outdated, just about every major touring band these days are doing better with modern technology and innovative ideas, but Maiden are stuck in the past in that sense, it especially looks really outdated and cheap in stadiums, they need to really invest in a brand new show and completely overhaul the boxed in design, its not as tho they dont have the budget to do it
Now imagine if they hired the guy who designed the Rammstein stage set!
19_07-16_mhvogel_2933_m2_web-e1600459737287.jpg

Love Maiden and they are my precious so I don't feel to need to nitpick or complain at all.
Sure I've looked how everything looks there on the setup and stage while I listen to my absolute favorite band in the world delivering their tunes live.
Some of these newer bands, who have more technology up to date in their concerts, I feel some of them have released even mediocre albums to in comparison to what Maiden has released.
Iron Maiden might be behind in technology if you only compare it to the others, but the others ain't Maiden, so...

Last edited:
Legacy of the Beast stage show in 2018 was far more of a visual spectacle to me than the majority of bands who just have a big TV behind them and call it a day.

Rammstein and Tool are the only bands I have seen who I personally feel surpass Maiden in production aspects.

Grow up fanboy! :D

Sarcasm aside, whilst I really like Iron Maiden’s old-fashioned theatrical approach to their show (their drapes still look awesome) I cannot help but think how they probably could have come up with something more exciting.

I am not a Rammstein fan, but you see their stage set and then look at Maiden’s and you realise how much of a gap there is between them.
If it makes me a fanboy calling out your constant dragging so be it. Hopefully you’ll find something to like about tomorrow’s show.

Last edited:
Big fancy stage productions are just a bonus to a concert. I’ve enjoyed club shows just as much as arenas. It’s all about the band and their performance for me.

I really love Maiden’s stage designs. They’re always similar but it’s perfect for the band to play in (and Bruce to run around in). And to me screens just aren’t that cool. A lot of the bands playing with screens aren’t nearly as exciting to watch as Maiden are. Maiden get excited, they run around, Bruce gets all hype-mode, Eddies come onstage, backdrops get changed, it’s fun and amazing and always serves the songs. I genuinely hope they never change, just continue to throw exciting new twists in.

I really love Maiden’s stage designs. They’re always similar but it’s perfect for the band to play in (and Bruce to run around in). And to me screens just aren’t that cool. A lot of the bands playing with screens aren’t nearly as exciting to watch as Maiden are. Maiden get excited, they run around, Bruce gets all hype-mode, Eddies come onstage, backdrops get changed, it’s fun and amazing and always serves the songs. I genuinely hope they never change, just continue to throw exciting new twists in.
Priest has been using video screens and I've hardly paid any attention to them. I eye the performers mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back