Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Bruce say a while ago that they were going to open the show with the first three songs from Senjutsu?
I honestly don't think this is a good idea if they are really considering to have an album tour next year. What are they gonna do, open the two shows exactly the same way?
I think if you're getting a greatest hits crowd, it's best to get the new stuff out of the way early. This way, you can whack them over the head with The Trooper or something on Song 4 or 5. Crowd will be into anything you do for the first 2-3 songs.

I think if you're getting a greatest hits crowd, it's best to get the new stuff out of the way early. This way, you can whack them over the head with The Trooper or something on Song 4 or 5. Crowd will be into anything you do for the first 2-3 songs.
I think this is probably what they're getting at. Also a bit of a "win them over" thing by coming out the gate strong with three new tracks, including two even the casual listeners might've heard. If they went War -> Senjutsu instead it might result in a large amount of the audience using the space as a piss/beer break which is undesirable. Also any residual lack of energy will definitely be gone if they do what I assume they will and the end notes of TWOTW transition into a bit of dogfighting ambience followed by Churchill's Speech.

It does make total sense to open with a few Senjutsu songs for many reasons, its when the audience is at there most pumped after that feeling of down go the lights and Doctor Doctor is blasting through the PA, it also means when the first classic does eventually come in they will get a deafening reception to it, as opposed to having a few mid set which would kill the momentum for many and they would use it as a toilet break

Can't wait for my show in September. Will be my second time seeing the band live. I still remember the last time when my brother elbowed me and asked me if Janick was OK or if he was having a seizure on stage.

Can't wait for my show in September. Will be my second time seeing the band live. I still remember the last time when my brother elbowed me and asked me if Janick was OK or if he was having a seizure on stage.
October 22 will be my 2nd time seeing IM. But I think it's different with me than with most folks because my only other IM concert was so long ago (1987). I was only 16 then and now I'm old. And I'll be there with my wife who is non-metal but always up for anything festive.

If indeed Senjutsu, Stratego and TWOTW will be the first 3 songs on the new setlist then something tells me Aces High, The Clansman and Where Eagles Dare are being dropped :( .

For sure, for this Legacy tour Where Eagles Dare will be replaced with Stratego and The Clansman with WOTW, while other songs from Senjutsu being added next year for the album tour (I would go with Senjutsu, Hell on Earth, Darkest Hour and Death of the Celts/Parchment).

I know Bruce said during the press for Senjutsu that when they go out and honour the LoTB dates there would be 'spitfires and pyro', so I'm assuming they will still open with Aces High? Unless they're saving it for the encore. I'm excited to find out in two days time!!!

I know Bruce said during the press for Senjutsu that when they go out and honour the LoTB dates there would be 'spitfires and pyro', so I'm assuming they will still open with Aces High? Unless they're saving it for the encore. I'm excited to find out in two days time!!!
Keeping Aces High is a great move. I hope they do so. And truth be told there's a spitfire on the tour poster, so...

I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming setlist, first of all I think Maiden are between a rock and a hard place here. On the one hand they are not blind to the fact that they have some fans who will love to see new material and some fans who just want the classics and, consequently, that the people who have bought tickets for a greatest hits show don't necessarily want to see a set full of new material. On the other, they have released a new album after years of frustration and delay, they are proud of the songs and want to showcase them live.

I think its entirely possible, maybe even a 50/50 chance that we just get a LOTB with the first 3 tracks from Senjutsu bolted on at the start and some later songs cut, however I think this would be a mistake. Lots of the crowd would just see this as a prelude/extended soundcheck, and frankly it can't fire up anywhere near as much excitement as Churchill's Speech into Aces High, at this point arguably the iconic Maiden opening track. In fact, for my money, save Senjutsu (the song) for the Senjutsu tour. I would personally just like to see the original LOTB set with Writing on the Wall and Stratego mixed in (probably at the expense of Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man) and maybe a couple of the other deep cuts rotated.

Having said this, the band may just stick to their guns and go all-in, we already know they have committed to Senjutsu stage set and that Bruce has spoken about the title track being a great opener. Let's face it, Maiden do what they want, they have already chosen to make the main set epics for the 2018/2019 leg (Clansman, Sign of the Cross, For the Greater Good..) relatively deep cuts rather than going for the obvious choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back