Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, has anyone seen videos of the latest Bon Jovi gigs? They have tuned down and Jon Bon Jovi's voice still sounds completely shot! I'm optimistic about Bruce sounding good on tour but you never know.

I saw Bon Jovi in 1995 with Van Halen. Bon Jovi were a great live band with a great frontman, they blew Van Halen away, and it wasn't even close. I'm very sorry for Jon's voice problems.

Three months left for the Athens show, holy shit, feels like yesterday I bought my ticket.

Let's hope for an even better show than the 2018 one which, by the way, was phenomenal. A crowd of 40.000 is hard to beat

I half thought of going, despite my 'never again' opinion from the last time, but even the lure of Maiden isn't enough. Just not enough bands I want to see this time.

Van Halen were pretty much dieties in the early 80s but my 1st concert was 5150 Van Hagar and Sammy was winded and tired. Very disappointing.

Then I saw Rush and experienced brilliance.

I saw VH later on Monsters of Rock tour and Scorpions and Metallica stole the show.

Nothing against Bon Jovi I live in Jersey and he really does do a lot of wonderful good things for local charities, I just never liked their music.

Nothing against VH. They were probably the tighter band, brilliant players ofc, and Sammy is a cool guy. But most of their songs are a bit boring IMO. BJ were similar in style, but had way more energy, rocked more, they also had more blues and soul, they had the real hits, 2 great singers, and Jon had the audience in his hands.
Similar thing happened when I saw Maiden in 2005 with Dream Theater. Dream Theater is technically the "better" band, but Maiden blew them away completely.

Last edited:
Three new shows announced for Brazil.

View attachment 19768
Rod: ''We are all very much looking forward to returning to Curitiba and São Paulo and making our first ever visit to Ribeirão Preto, along with Rock in Rio of course. We are bringing the full Legacy show that we are taking around the rescheduled European stadiums and festivals this summer. Based on Legacy 2019, but a step beyond, we are of course keeping all of the spectacular big moments and big songs , but we will move things round a little, change a couple of songs to ones more fitting to current times and we are sure you will be blown away by the new Senjutsu section, which is massively spectacular – the album proved so popular and successful we just had to give you a bit of that too. Eddie has clearly been learning some new tricks of his own over the last couple of years as well, and may even bring a friend. Prepare to be amazed. We love you Brazil!!''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back