Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much to reply to in this thread that, instead of spouting my opinion, I'm going to do a FAQ for consistency.

They are going to cancel the tour!
Based on what? Based on fact that they've announced additional dates and put the tickets on sale? (which they haven't done in 2020 when pandemic situation was more uncertain). Based on the fact that they're teasing how they're changing the setlist? (unlike that media silence in 2020). What kind of financial sense would it make to spend money now on something they're not 100% into?

But the number of positive people is still high, there are cases all over Europe!
Number of positive people doesn't mean today what it meant one year ago. Despite the number of positive people, some governments are lifting the measures even right now. Vaccination passports are slowly starting to be excluded, days of isolation and self-isolation are being shortened and if the past two years are a something to compare to, late sping/early summer is the period we collectively start to "forget" about the pandemic.

But bands are already canceling their tours!
Who? Aerosmith?! I've read somewhere that Steven can't sing two nights in a row and more than three times a week. And their last tour was a Las Vegas residency. Image being 70 year old and somebody makes you this offer "Would you rather hop around Europe for a month, or stay in same place and still get paid ?" This is pure speculation on my part, of course, but I firmly believe some people (doesn't need to be music related) are using pandemic for the situations/problems they weren't 100% sure with in the beginning (pandemic excluded). This is also a good place to insert a few puns about Ozzy's "No More Tours 2"

Yeah, but smaller bands are canceling too! Look at Gojira and ______________[insert some other band here]!
Completely understandable, even more if those tours were supposed to happen now or in a next month or two. Nobody is going on tour if they think their numbers would be in red at the end of it. On the other hand, Maiden are a juggernaut in that area. They are not selling clubs, but stadiums and arenas. It wouldn't be the first time Maiden would have to cancel some dates, yet, they've must have had some kind of profit on the end of those tours because - they are still here. Even if some dates get canceled, if somebody can pull it off based on attendance numbers and merchandise sales - it's Maiden. (I wish RLonger was still here to contradict this)

But Spambot.... *whisper* I've heard that Steve is antivaxx!
I don't know that, you don't know that and for sure Juras doesn't know that. I've seen people mention him here and stayed aside because I think the easiest way to avoid shit is not stepping on it. But, if there are some people who question themselves should they buy a ticket or not because Juras said something - I have to interfere. I've seen that interview and it's such a steaming pile of shit. He's not evil, just delusional manipulative schemer who leaches of Maiden. How do I know he's lying in certain parts in that interview? Because I've been there and I witnessed some of those things with my own eyes. Here on the internet, even if I put a chronological list of his fuck up's - it would be my word against his. Luckily, some other members here can back me up, unlike him who can only back himself up.

You still haven't confirmed that Steve isn't antivaxx!
Yeah, I haven't and I can't. Just like some of you can't confirm that he is antivaxx. I don't know him and this is only my opinion but - I don't think Steve is that guy. If there were green lights all around, all systems go, everybody is ready, I seriously doubt Steve would be that stubborn on something that isn't music related to endanger not only himself, or his band or his legacy (badum-tsss!) but numerous of other peoples paychecks. I remember interview from LOTB when he laughed at the question when does he plan to retire. He said he wanted to work and pointed at the security guy behind and said something like: "Well look how he turned, he also wants to work." or something like that which makes me believe Steve does care about people who are financially depended on him. And even if he was that anti-vaxx - that British Lion tour would've never happened. I don't know which measures were in Dec '20 in UK, but I doubt Steve would be travelling and playing around if he was so bent on his anti-vaxx-ism. I strongly believe he is not that guy. (because we all know, one Jon Schaffer on this planet is more than enough)

That's a whole lot of nothing you said there Spambot, care something to add?
Yes.
This whole pandemic thing really ruined SF movies for me.
"A portal opened near Earth orbit!" Yep, I can believe that.
"Thousand of spaceships are coming out of it!" OK, makes sense.
"They are attacking the Earth, trying to eradicate human kind!" Well, I can see that coming.
"People of Earth united and..." Nope, you lost me there.

And in fear that this post (or this thread or this forum, in general) may be taken the wrong way, I'm also going to say this: of course we are going to have different opinions but let's not divide into "vaxxed sheeple" and "flatearth lunatics". I've tried to put some humor and some positive thoughts in this post, let's try going into that direction.

We don't know what's going to happen in three months when the tour is supposed to start.
Let's not cry over possibility that milk (which hasn't even been produced yet) has a chance of being spilled.

Peace out.

And even if he was that anti-vaxx - that British Lion tour would've never happened. I don't know which measures were in Dec '20 in UK, but I doubt Steve would be travelling and playing around if he was so bent on his anti-vaxx-ism. I strongly believe he is not that guy.

Just wanted to clarify this point. The venues that Steve chose to play on the British Lion UK 2021 tour had no Covid-19 restrictions at all. People were not required to wear masks and people were not required to show any proof of vaccination. The venues The Darkness played on their UK 2021 tour were a completely different story though.

Just wanted to clarify this point. The venues that Steve chose to play on the British Lion UK 2021 tour had no Covid-19 restrictions at all. People were not required to wear masks and people were not required to show any proof of vaccination. The venues The Darkness played on their UK 2021 tour were a completely different story though.

to be fair, that could be because Steve is anti-vax but it also could be that British Lion aren't big enough to play an of the venues that would have had restrictions.

to be fair, that could be because Steve is anti-vax but it also could be that British Lion aren't big enough to play an of the venues that would have had restrictions.

True. It is also true that they could have scheduled a gig in Guildford in lieu of the one supporting The Darkness. The venues they could have played had the same restrictions as the big one though…

In addition, in wasn't a UK tour. They avoided Scotland which was the only country to have mandatory proof of vaccination. And BL/Maiden have never not played in Scotland.

Regarding the OP's point on Juras, it should be pointed out that Juras didn't start the anti-vaxx rumour. That was going around for months prior.

I don't know if it's true or not and we won't know until he confirms or denies he's had it. But his silence speaks volumes.

I know it was thrown around that Nicko is perhaps antivaxx. I remember seeing a video, I think it was for their annual party at RnR Ribs. He said he was looking forward to it but that he wasn't doing a meet and greet because of the pandemic and to be safe. I don't think an antivaxxer would have cared about that. Just my thoughts.

Also, leave Britney (I mean Steve) alone!!

I know it was thrown around that Nicko is perhaps antivaxx. I remember seeing a video, I think it was for their annual party at RnR Ribs. He said he was looking forward to it but that he wasn't doing a meet and greet because of the pandemic and to be safe. I don't think an antivaxxer would have cared about that. Just my thoughts.

I get you, I was the one to 'nominate' Nicko, because why not :D

Since there is a chance the tour will actually go ahead this year, I'm going to have to start thinking about whether I can still make all the dates I originally planned. I am in a very different position now than I was in 2019/20.

Since there is a chance the tour will actually go ahead this year, I'm going to have to start thinking about whether I can still make all the dates I originally planned. I am in a very different position now than I was in 2019/20.
Which shows were you going to according to the original plan you had?

I only have my Gothenburg ticket left from 2020. Hopefully I have the time to go. Maiden at Ullevi has been on my bucket list for years.

I only have my Gothenburg ticket left from 2020. Hopefully I have the time to go. Maiden at Ullevi has been on my bucket list for years.

I saw them at Ullevi in 2008 (biggest show I have ever been to excluding festivals) and it was excellent, but not as awesome as the Oslo gig on that same tour. :)

Same here.
1. Oslo 2008
2. Tallinn/Helsinki 2018
3. London 2017 x 2

The rest are roughly equal. Oslo 2005, Oslo 2011, Stockholm 2013, Budapest 2014 and Oslo 2016.

Stockholm 2013 was cool because of the size. Oslo 2011 was one of Bruce's worst vocal nights the last 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back