LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's saying that they're thr first internacional band distinguised as ilustrious visitors by the argentinian congress. They'll be condecorated before their velez stadium gig. It was a initiative by reporters and media people and backed UP by someone in the congress
The Argentinian Congress will honour a British band who wave the Union Flag around and whose singer holds views regarding the UK's place in the world which harken back to the Empire and colonialism. Very, very unexpected.

Whatever will make Argentinian congress look good in the popular media I suppose? Do they actually know/care?
It was a popular request by argentinian fans,musicians and music journalists. They are worldwide 1class Icons of rock and and deserves every recognition. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Right, I just came back from Rio.

The show was amazing. I've been to TFF world tour, Maiden England, TBOS and now LOTB.

My ranking (performance-wise) would be:

1) TBOS world tour
2) LOTB
3) TFF world tour
4) Maiden England

Not sure how they sounded on the streaming or br tv, but I can assure you that the sound on RIR was perfect. Nicko's drums are sounding greater than ever. Very good show from three amigos as well.

Let me comment about two or 3 songs and then I will get to the Bruce's voice discussion.

The Clansman - I know it's already pretty known, but I just want to say again that this song works REALLY well live. The "FREEDOM" part is absolutely amazing. 100k people singing, basically.

FTGGOG - I was pretty sure most people would not get into it. Why? No offence, my friends, but this forum is the only place where AMOLAD is absolutely loved. In the rest of the world, it's just an "okish" album. FTGGOG is a good song and personally I was very happy to see it live, but I don't think it is an "easy" song to sing, you know? Except for "For The Great of Good of God" part, the rest of the song is not easy to sing. AMOLAD is not a popular album, even here in Brazil. We, in this forum, are die hard fans and we love to listen to unexpected/rare stuff. Most of maiden fans like to listen to The Trooper, Run to the Hills and the "PlayClassics!" stuff. That's the reality. I don't expect the reaction to FTGGOG to change, not even in Argentina or Chile.

FOI - 32 years out of the setlist, yet everyone was singing every bit of it. Brilliant, amazing, great crowd participation. I can't believe it has been out of the setlist for 32 years, really.

Did Bruce struggle on some songs? Yes, for sure, but let's be honest: he is struggling on some songs like The Trooper since Maiden England. In my opinion, it doesn't have anything to do with his cancer. It is pretty related with the fact that he is older now (duh). For me, it's pretty obvious that the older he gets, the harder it is to sing songs that require high pitchs. The Trooper, Aces High, Where Eagles Dare, some parts on FTGGOG, TETMD chorus, etc. The reason why Bruce completely changed the way to sing TETMD is because he is aware of the fact that he can't handle the high pitch notes anymore - especially on the encore. Or maybe he can, but for sure not on the 4th month of the tour.

And that's something really important that I didn't see you guys discuss very much. I already said it on TBOS world tour: compare the first 10-15 performances with the last 10-15 ones. Big difference. His voice peaks at the end of the first month of the tour and then slowly starts to get worse (except if there's something like a cold on the first month of the tour or so). I've been to São Paulo 2016, TBOS world tour, and his performance on Children of the Damned was simply perfect. Why? Because it was like the 15th show of the tour or so.

Also, it is important to say that Bruce can easily handle songs like Revelations, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, etc - songs that do not require high pitch notes. His last good performance of a high pitch sound song was The Talisman. He struggled on DOG, TRATB, Aces High on Maiden England, etc. Again: it gets really worse by the end of the tour.

In my opinion, something must be done about it, but I'm pretty sure they won't do anything because of Bruce's pride. Is it a big deal? Nah, not really, but sometimes I get annoyed with his struggling and I think they could handle it better. Maybe by not touring as much? Maybe by simply changing the setlist to adapt to Bruce's age? Well, I don't know.

Don't get me wrong. Bruce is still doing well, but I just fear that as time passes, he will struggle more and more.

Anyway, I had a fantastic experience on Rock In Rio and my gf, who attended a heavy metal show for the first time, was very impressed. Also, the media in Brazil is 100% impressed by everything Maiden did on the show. Big fuss and they were over all the newspapers. I'm pretty sure they will get even more popular in Brazil after this. Let's hope they keep going strong. In the end, we are lucky that they are still around.

Sorry for the long text and for the lack or idea organization - I'm still hyped after the show.

Last edited:

The show was amazing. I've been to TFF world tour, Maiden England, TBOS and now LOTB.

1) TBOS world tour
2) LOTB
3) TFF world tour
4) Maiden England

Not sure how they sounded on the streaming or br tv, but I can assure you that the sound on RIR was perfect. Nicko's drums are sounding greater than ever. Very good show from three amigos as well.

Let me comment about two or 3 songs and then I will get to the Bruce's voice discussion.

The Clansman - I know it's already pretty known, but I just want to say again that this song works REALLY well live. The "FREEDOM" part is absolutely amazing. 100k people singing, basically.

FTGGOG - I was pretty sure most people would not get into it. Why? No offence, my friends, but this forum is the only place where AMOLAD is absolutely loved. In the rest of the world, it's just an "okish" album. FTGGOG is a good song and personally I was very happy to see it live, but I don't think it is an "easy" song to sing, you know? Except for "For The Great of Good of God" part, the rest of the song is not easy to sing.

FOI - 32 years out of the setlist, yet everyone was singing every bit of it. Brilliant, amazing, great crowd participation. I can't believe it has been out of the setlist for 32 years, really.

Did Bruce struggle on some songs? Yes, for sure, but let's be honest: he is struggling on some songs like The Trooper since Maiden England. In my opinion, it doesn't have anything to do with his cancer. It is pretty related with the fact that he is older now (duh). For me, it's pretty obvious that the older he gets, the harder it is to sing songs that require high pitchs. The Trooper, Aces High, Where Eagles Dare, some parts on FTGGOG, TETMD chorus, etc. The reason why Bruce completely changed the way to sing TETMD is because he is aware of the fact that he can't handle the high pitch notes anymore - especially on the encore. Or maybe he can, but for sure not on the 4th month of the tour.

And that's something really important that I didn't see you guys discuss very much. I already said it on TBOS world tour: compare the first 10-15 performances with the last 10-15 ones. Big difference. His voice peaks at the end of the first month of the tour and then slowly starts to get worse (except if there's something like a cold on the first month of the tour or so). I've been to São Paulo 2016, TBOS world tour, and his performance on Children of the Damned was simply perfect. Why? Because it was like the 15th show of the tour or so.

Also, it is important to say that Bruce can easily handle songs like Revelations, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, etc - songs that do not require high pitch notes. His last good performances of a high pitch sound song was The Talisman. He struggled on DOG, TRATB, Aces High on Maiden England, etc. Again: it gets really worse by the end of the tour.

In my opinion, something must be done about it, but I'm pretty sure they won't do anything because of Bruce's pride. Is it a big deal? Nah, not really, but sometimes I get annoyed with his struggling and I think they could handle it better. Maybe by not touring as much? Maybe by simply changing the setlist to adapt to Bruce's age? Well, I don't know.

Don't get me wrong. Bruce is still doing well, but I just fear that as time passes, he will struggle more and more.

Anyway, I had a fantastic experience on Rock In Rio and my gf, who attended a heavy metal show for the first time, was very impressed. Also, the media in Brazil is 100% impressed by everything Maiden did on the show. Big fuss and they were over all the newspapers. I'm pretty sure they will get even more popular in Brazil after this. Let's hope they keep going strong. In the end, we are lucky that they are still around.

Sorry for the long text and for the lack or idea organization - I'm still hyped after the show.
Revelations is one of their best at the moment, plus high to sing as well. But yeah I agree they should make some changes, curious about what they’re gonna do on the album.

The Argentinian Congress will honour a British band who wave the Union Flag around and whose singer holds views regarding the UK's place in the world which harken back to the Empire and colonialism. Very, very unexpected.
There’s probably a “Como Estáis Amigos” joke in here somewhere, but I’m too lazy to dig it up.

1) TBOS world tour
2) LOTB
3) TFF world tour
4) Maiden England

FTGGOG - I was pretty sure most people would not get into it. Why? No offence, my friends, but this forum is the only place where AMOLAD is absolutely loved. In the rest of the world, it's just an "okish" album. FTGGOG is a good song and personally I was very happy to see it live, but I don't think it is an "easy" song to sing, you know? Except for "For The Great of Good of God" part, the rest of the song is not easy to sing. AMOLAD is not a popular album, even here in Brazil. We, in this forum, are die hard fans and we love to listen to unexpected/rare stuff. Most of maiden fans like to listen to The Trooper, Run to the Hills and the "PlayClassics!" stuff. That's the reality. I don't expect the reaction to FTGGOG to change, not even in Argentina or Chile.

Also, it is important to say that Bruce can easily handle songs like Revelations, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, etc - songs that do not require high pitch notes. His last good performance of a high pitch sound song was The Talisman. He struggled on DOG, TRATB, Aces High on Maiden England, etc. Again: it gets really worse by the end of the tour.

Hey man. Thank you!!.:edmetal:

I've been to RiR and forgot to share my impressions, so:

Band:

. They sound much better now compared to the TBOS 2016 tour, especially guitars and drums. Don't know if the choice of songs has an effect on it (TBOS songs mostly didn't sound nice live);

. Totally agree on what you said a few pages back about the three guitars. They sound quite nice in the DVD mix. However, they are really dull live. Conversely, Rudolf's and Matthias' guitars sound so clear, loud and vivid, they gave me goosebumps in "Coast to Coast" and "Rock you Like a Hurricane". I know nothing compares Maiden's guitars melodies, but there is certainly room for improvements;

. Honestly, didn't pay too much attention on Bruce's overall performance, maybe because Nicko was too loud and I was singing the whole show;

. Dave's tone sound nicer live than on streamings/DVD. Loved his parts in IM (intro and outro);

. The Clansman is the best live performance I've seen from this band. Next time I rate Virtual XI as the worst album, I might reconsider.

. H's remains as my favourite soloist, it's a shame Janick played his solo in Revelations.

Audience:

. As expected, insane in songs like Aces High, FOTD, TNOTB, TETMD, Trooper;

. In general, we don't know the lyrics of the verses, only the chorus, which is totally normal. So in songs that people neither jump nor sing, it seems that the audicence is disheartened, but it is not true. The cell phones are simply a reality of today's audiences, it is the same everywhere;

. Within a few meters, only me and a lady knew how to sing FTGGOD besides the chorus, but as soon as Steve's bass kicked in someone shouted something like "FUCK, THIS ONE IS AWESOME". Judging by everyone's reaction, they like the song but simply don't know to sing (the verses are not easy indeed). It is one of those songs that you chill a little bit and just enjoy their performance, similar to The Red and The Black.

That is a rather misguided comment regarding Bruce's views on Brexit. From what we know based on the comments he has made on this issue, he voted for Brexit because he is against a federal European state and favours global trade, but he likes freedom of movement and detests xenophobic views. Hardly the same as the Empire... ;)

Regarding the Argentinian recognition, I wonder what the fans (morons?) who were booing the Union Flag and singing "Maradona, Maradona" when the band played the Trooper there with Bruce and Adrian back in the band would think about it. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldnt expect audiences to go crazy to FTGGOG doesnt mean its not being enjoyed or appreciated by the audience some songs are just like that watch and take it all in ,

Exactly. Just because people do not go crazy singing over the guitar riffs it does not mean the song is not being enjoyed or appreciated. The same can be said about songs like Rime of the Ancient Mariner...

Exactly. Just because people do not go crazy singing over the guitar riffs it does not mean the song is not being enjoyed or appreciated. The same can be said about songs like Rime of the Ancient Mariner...
I don't remember people going crazy over Seventh Son of a Seventh Son either back in 2013/14. Not every song is a Trooper or Hills.

That is a rather misguided comment regarding Bruce's views on Brexit. From what we know based on the comments he has made on this issue, he voted for Brexit because he is against a federal European state and favours global trade, but he likes freedom of movement and detests xenophobic views. Hardly the same as the Empire... ;)

Regarding the Argentinian recognition, I wonder what the fans (morons?) who were booing the Union Flag and singing "Maradona, Maradona" when the band played the Trooper there with Bruce and Adrian back in the band would think about it. :lol:
So you label Argentinian as morons,and pro brexit, pro UK patriots as xenophobic?. :down:
Argentinians shows how tolerant and great people are. This recognition is even more important becoming from Argentina.
European state is the unique totalitarian state imposing their policies on sovereign countries.Look what happened some years ago?. Colonialism??. Do you mean Portugal,Spain,Belgium,Holland,Italy as well?.
The problem is the rise of communism and globalism and the progressive lack of FREEDOM OF SPEECH and freedom of identity they bring.

So you label Argentinian as morons,and pro brexit, pro UK patriots as xenophobic?. :down:

I take it that English is not your mother tongue as you have clearly not understood my message. :lol:

I did not label Argentinians as morons, only those who were booing the Union Flag and singing "Maradona, Maradona" when the band played The Trooper years ago. I have always wondered if the same people would have an angry tantrum in front of the TV when watching Live After Death...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back