LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a warrior, that fan. The security took ages to remove him. Minutes and minutes. And you gotta love Bruce with his cross, shining for minutes all the time. He exposed the security's methods and could have a good look himself. It is the most difficult piece of the song, musically, so I don 't know if other band members could take a good look. I thought I saw Steve's head pointing in that direction for a short while as well.
They took ages to remove him because he was aggressive and throwing punches at the security, and I can imagine it's not that easy to remove someone at the front of a metal concert.

Bruce should have kept his mouth shut once again.
security was trying to throw the man, who appeared to be an adult, out for trying to bull his way up to the barrier and that people around the guy were pointing at him and complaining
So maybe we should wait and see what more news comes out of this before jumping to conclusions. Perhaps there was some violence in the crowd or a sexual assault or whatever. From the video, the security guard certainly throws a few punches and it looks pretty savage. I don't want to jump to any conclusions though.
people in pink shirts that say "alcohol enforcement"
That was @Lampwick 43, @Dr. Eddies Wingman and @Niall Kielt making sure that everyone had plenty to drink. No sober people allowed!

I didn’t see any police at the venue. The red shirts were alcohol enforcement and the black shirts were just security guards/bouncers.

Yeah, in the US if someone under 21 drinks so much as a drop of alcohol a puppy dies or something horrible like that
They also deal with people who drank too much. Fortunately before Maiden they pulled some guy that was behind me, dude could barely stand.

I keep hearing different bands claim in interviews that there are very often fights or just punches flying around in the audience at US gigs. Is that really so common?

I didn’t see any police at the venue. The red shirts were alcohol enforcement and the black shirts were just security guards/bouncers.
Well I wasn't even at the venue, so this is all I've got to go on ...
69888617_10220395075130985_5649521159918583808_n.jpg

Yeah, in the US if someone under 21 drinks so much as a drop of alcohol a puppy dies or something horrible like that

If a person from Miami drinks on his first minute of 21st birthday, do puppies in Oregon die?

They took ages to remove him because he was aggressive and throwing punches at the security, and I can imagine it's not that easy to remove someone at the front of a metal concert.

Bruce should have kept his mouth shut once again.
Professional security should be able to remove someone from a concert without severely causing head injuries.

I keep hearing different bands claim in interviews that there are very often fights or just punches flying around in the audience at US gigs. Is that really so common?
I think it depends on the band. For older bands like Maiden, there are a lot of older folks in the audience who tend to be less aggressive. But I have seen a lot of people pass out/vomit on the floor of Maiden gigs.

Younger bands definitely attract more aggressive young fans who are looking to stir trouble. I remember when I went to Ozzfest there were several fist fights taking place throughout the night and people were throwing beer bottles filled with grass toward the front rows from the lawn (the next time I attended a concert at that particular venue all beer was served in paper cups).

This was brought up in another thread but this is yet another example of why I believe a very small percentage of American concert goers (and this honestly goes for all genres) are actually there for the music.

I've definitely seen bro-dude types with their shirts off hepped up to punch random people in the pit at gigs, I definitely would not say thats limited to only America.

And that depends on the band and the crowd/scene local to venue. The worst examples I've seen have all been at one city in particular, and related to groups of lads turning up to see a thrash band, but not sticking around for anything else on the bill. It's like the brief gig visit and brawl is some sort of social thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back