LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the meetups in Texas? Anybody know? And who is doing the VIP trooper deal? Has anyone done those this tour? Thoughts? Is Kim running the show again? Need to know. Thanks

Those are some great snapshots. Last year in London, where I went for a conference, I was wearing my Icarus tshirt, which I got from Firenze Rocks. While walking on the Oxford street, I realized that a group have begun singing Run to the Hills. Then we sang together from a 20-meter distance.

Some great solidarity we have here. It is beyond passports and identity-cards. :)

Must have been foreign people doing that. British people would never do anything of the sort, particularly in London.

I beg to differ. I have had chats with random Brits because I was wearing a Maiden T-shirt. :) That being said, it tends to happen more often abroad, in Southern Europe in particular.

I know this stereotypical image of British people: they have minimum social contact; give utmost importance to their personal space; prefer not to be attentive to others, especially in the middle of London.

I think this expectation works for the most part, but there are exceptions too. While I was telling my brother, who visited me in London, how British people never even look at one another in the underground, an old lady who pretty much looked like Queen Elizabeth approached and asked: "may I ask if you are twins? You really look like each other!" I think she noticed we were not twins, otherwise she would not have asked the q. :bigsmile: by the way, I have different memories about carrying the markers of Iron Maiden identity in UK. Some react to them for sure.

I have given patrons a free beer more than once for wearing an Iron Maiden shirt into my taproom.

One time, a guy came in with a Maiden shirt a couple days after the most recent show and I said, "Did you go to the show last week?" And he said, "Nah, I love 'em but I don't really care for what they're doing now." I said, "Oh. Cool." He did not get a free beer.
Where/what is your taproom, Party at Knickerbockers!

Begyle Brewing in Chicago. Not my brewery, but I’m the Front of House Manager. Come drink!
well, i would... but i live in Dallas. AND, I am not a fan of Chicago... especially today! GO PACK GO! Yeah, born in Oshkosh. I bleed green and gold. But, when/if i am in Chicago, i would love to come drink at your taproom. I like BEER! haha. we can agree on that at least. haha. Did you see this? Favre at his best.
(inception calendar and the double doink) oops. too soon? never!

well, i would... but i live in Dallas. AND, I am not a fan of Chicago... especially today! GO PACK GO! Yeah, born in Oshkosh. I bleed green and gold. But, when/if i am in Chicago, i would love to come drink at your taproom. I like BEER! haha. we can agree on that at least. haha. Did you see this? Favre at his best.
(inception calendar and the double doink) oops. too soon? never!

Right on. Come by if you’re ever in town.

Honestly don’t care about sports teams or rivalries. May the best team win.

Collin is in the FTTB line.

Have fun! I'm on a bus from Seattle to Tacoma. Going to the Trooper ViP party, so will be in the venue straight after you and your FTTB mates. Look for a New Zealand tour shirt and say hi!

My kids absolutely loved the Vancouver show! I spent about a third of the show watching them singing along and reacting to the various props and pyro. They are both dead keen to see the band again - mission accomplished!

We were seated in Vancouver whereas I normally go for the floor (I like getting as close as possible). I watched Rod Smallwood a bit during the show - he was at the soundboard. Rod was nodding his head along to the songs and genuinely seemed to be enjoying the show. It amazes me that he still watches every gig but then I guess that is a reflection of his professionalism and the attitude that make Maiden the phenomenon that we all love so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back