LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on the fence. The selfish part of me wants them making new music as opposed to touring areas I can’t go to. If I can’t see them I don’t care. But if I try to be objective, I had a fantastic time at the show. I want as many people to see it as possible, and making a new album on the heels of such a renowned tour only helps their sales.

I don’t expect a new album before 2021 anyway, and I’m a little anxious how they’d even top Book of Souls. I firmly believe that BoS is now the most “complete” and definitive album they have. If I were to introduce someone new to the band I’d start there, because of someone likes BoS, they’re very much likely to dig the other albums.

Fuck 3rd leg of LOTB tour. I want new music as this is what keeps the band relevant and fresh. Yeah, it's fine to revisit the past from time to time, but too much of it kills the excitement (as did ME 2014, but there was a reason behind it, I just don't see one for another leg of LOTB, as the new album is probably already recorded).

This might be selfish, but I want as much new music from Maiden until they call it a day as possible. LOTB part 3 is a wasted year (No pun intended).

Hear! Hear!

That being said, if they play any UK LOTB shows in 2020, I’ll be there. I’d rather have some Maiden - even if it is the same tour - than no Maiden at all!

Back in February 2015 I feared I had witnessed their last ever gig at Sonisphere UK in 2014. The fact that we can discuss about trivial things like a possible extension of the LOTB tour is good news.

Last edited:
Hear! Hear!

That being said, if they play any UK LOTB shows in 2020, I’ll be there. I’d rather have some Maiden - even if it is the same tour - than no Maiden at all!

Back in February 2015 I feared I had witnessed their last ever gig at Sonisphere UK in 2014. The fact that we can discuss about trivial things like a possible extension of the LOTB tour is good news.

True.

But IMO, doing a 3rd leg of LOTB goes against everything the band members said in recent years.

Jan: New music keeps the band fresh. History tours are cool, but it's the new material that counts.
'Arry: I see no reason IM doesn't do new albums.
Paul B. Dickinson after cancer: We will focus more on the future now than on the past.

3rd leg goes against every single statement from band members.

3rd leg goes against every single statement from band members.
Arguably this second leg does too. I'd have preferred if Legacy of the Beast had been one world tour with Ed Force One (and therefore probably a less extravagant stage show) and then this year could have been a new album release. But that was not to be. It is what it is.

Arguably this second leg does too. I'd have preferred if Legacy of the Beast had been one world tour with Ed Force One (and therefore probably a less extravagant stage show) and then this year could have been a new album release. But that was not to be. It is what it is.

The famous words Ernesto Valverde said after Barcelona got shafted by Liverpool's reserve attack.

If he can live with that, so can we with LOTB part 3. But it leaves a bitter taste, just when thinking about it.

They could visit many countries in Europe which were omitted in 2018: Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, Serbia, Russia, Luxemburg maybe new territories: Ukraine, Latvia or so. In other countries Maiden may headline festivals and play additional dates (stadium/arenas). Maybe they decide to visit Asia and Oceania - Download Festival out there are on the way for 2020!

Nicko is 67 years old man with arthritis, which is basically a potential ticking time bomb. Another year of LOTB would make him 69 years old man when they start touring the album. This is just the most obvious problem I see. There are a lot of others too. And that pretty much puts the album tour 2021 in doubt.

I think Maiden has around 5 touring years left. Maybe one or two more, maybe a few less. And it would be incredibly stupid to spend one of them on the 3rd leg of LOTB.

The sands of time are running low, and I hope for as many different tours in the future as possible and am prepared to travel the world to see them at least twice per year. As simple as that.

At least at the end of the tour they will meet again and discuss about the near future. But I think Janick and the rest of the band know about what will happen after the tour, but he can't or don't want to reveal it. (Rod orders) If there's a 3rd leg, well, I think it's a wrong idea but if they do that, they would go to Japan and Australia. But I don't believe in that possibility. Bruce has their own thing at the end of the year and Steve will release the second album with British Lion and some tour dates in February of 2020.
I don't think they won't back to Europe the next summer with the same tour. But I think they could release a lIve album or dvd or both in a pack or something.

And we won't know anything until late October.

Possibly it will take a bit further for the public to know of their decisions..I predict that by november or at last december we will know for sure.
I would gladly see them atleast couple times live, but seriously and little bit sad I feel as I can't think of life without Maiden as it's always been there for me.
Also Im eagerly waiting for the new album, hope that we will get one and soon some kind of official confirmation that it exists.
Reading official announcement (like the one for TBOS, the info was released on june 18(ish) as the album came out 4th of september) was exciting as it was just round the corner, so I feel that we will have to wait and see what the future holds for us.
Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
Everytime I read about their future and Nicko gets mentioned..I know he's old and such, but still thinking how sands of time are running low, we don't have too many tours, shows and albums left.

I will take whatever I can. I would love the new album but another leg of LotB is fine by me. Just record it on DVD.

Every part of the world should see this phenomenal tour!

3rd leg of LOTB probably will visit Asia, Oceania, some European festivals (Download Festival for example). But at this stage of their career (and probably they have the new album finished), it will be a waste of time.... they not getting any younger! For example, Saxon and Priest already writing material for theirs next albums - and they released the latest ones in 2018!

You know with Maiden you gonna get a quality album every time. I know this is the most amazing visually tour they've ever done and all the fans around the world likes it a lot and praise it, but the sands of time are running low....

Just a thought about all the History/Hits tours:

1999: 3 months (28 shows)
2003: 4 months (55 shows)
2005: 4 months (42 shows)
2008/2009: 2 years (90 shows)
2012/2014: 3 years (100 shows)

2018/2019 (2020?): 2 years (3y.?) (82 shows so far) /with this statistics I expect a 4th leg of LOTB tour :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back