LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
... aaaand some bands tune down half step more every 2-3 years, while pretending that the lead singer still has an ounce of voice left (I'm looking at you mr. Coverdale and Whitesnake). I think they are in C or C# standard now, which is basically half or one step from baritone tuning :D .

And yeah, Coverdale still sounds like shite.

Coverdale has been a disgrace for a significant number of years and even the substantial backing vocals from his band cannot hide it. Bernie Marsden sings the classic Whitesnake songs much better than David Coverdale nowadays.

I'm so grateful for Bruce.

So am I. We are really lucky as Maiden fans, aren't we?

I have never watched videos of Whitesnake live but I saw them in 2013 at thought Coverdale was brilliant. I saw them again a couple of years ago but they were doing Deep Purple covers so I didn't really pay attention. Thats nothing against Deep Purple, by the way.

I have never watched videos of Whitesnake live but I saw them in 2013 at thought Coverdale was brilliant. I saw them again a couple of years ago but they were doing Deep Purple covers so I didn't really pay attention. Thats nothing against Deep Purple, by the way.

Coverdale cannot sing for toffee anymore, which is quite sad as before he wanted to become Robert Plant he was a rather good hard rock/bluesy singer. Everyone in his band sings more than him nowadays.

Last edited:
Well if that was the case in 2013 then I didn't notice. I was a bit pished but I definitely thought he was good. Either way, it was a great gig, they blew Journey off the stage. Although a stiff breeze could have done that.

OOTS is bland, but calling FTGGOG one of the weakest? That’s the real blasphemy.

in terms of that album. i dont think it is.

you have The Pilgrim, The Legacy, BTATS, Lord of Light, Longest Day(albeit that can feel bloated), and especially Breeg (best song on album)

I am not saying FTGGOG is a bad song, it is just on such a strong album that it gets lost (Again, this is just my opinion)

Does anybody who's been to one of these first few shows know if Bruce made any comments along the lines of "We'll see you next year!" or any other hints towards any future plans?

Talking about solos, don’t even get me started with the twin solos BS. I wonder who came up with that brilliant idea...

Does anybody who's been to one of these first few shows know if Bruce made any comments along the lines of "We'll see you next year!" or any other hints towards any future plans?

During NOTB, he did "I will return" instead of "We will return!" I'm not lying when I went "uh oh" after that line. LOL

If it counts, Bruce did say "We'll see you again, Florida!" at the end of the concert.

I know he doesn't specifically state next year, and I would also take a lot of Bruce's on stage speeches with a grain of salt, but there it is.

The twin solos on The Trooper make the song much better. It was a brilliant idea.
Absolutely. It should also be noted that I think every single example of twin solos Maiden has done has some precedent on the album (doubled-up solos or at least a section), Futureal being probably the most prominent example. They didn't just pick two songs at random to double up on like the original post seems to imply.

For the first time I see a footage of the band, when they are rehearsing with the stage set in full.

Last edited:
This is a new short interview with Steve from yesterday.

But one thing grabbed my attention:

We just wanted to bring the show we did last year in Europe. We always knew that we’d do a part two or whatever. And maybe even more after that, we’ll see. But the tour was so strong and powerful in Europe, and we wanted to bring it over to North America, Central and South America.” These legs of the tour will total 41 shows in six countries''.

A 3rd leg of LOTB tour? Please, NOOOO. (especially when you have a finished new album... and at this stage of their career, or at any other, a tour 3 years in a row..... just nope!)

Hey, I don't want that either, but financially, that may be the best thing they can do or at least they think so. Remember, they don't earn much dough from their album releases. It's the live shows that bring in all the moolah. And the Legacy tour has been highly successful. Of course you would milk that for all its worth.

Hey, I don't want that either, but financially, that may be the best thing they can do or at least they think so. Remember, they don't earn much dough from their album releases. It's the live shows that bring in all the moolah. And the Legacy tour has been highly successful. Of course you would milk that for all its worth.

Yeah, because Maiden don't have nearly enough money already.. I don't think these guys are motivated primarily by greed. So I still expect a new album and new album tour next year.

At the same time though, it's not like they can't re-invent the stage set and shake up the setlist w/some new songs with that new album. Plus, think of all the new merch they could put out and make money off of from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back