LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the current setlist and I can't wait to see them in Atlanta. I just don't know how well US audiences will receive TSOTC and FTGGOG.

You may be right, but you don't know this. There is plenty of precedent for Maiden making changes to setlists on different legs of tours. I can't believe how some of you just state with certainty that there will be no changes.
I think it was incredibly obvious looking at both historical precedent (ME '12/'13) and the fact that they made a Spotify setlist for LotB 2019 and it was exactly the same as 2018, but that's just me. Maybe that doesn't fit your definition of knowing something, but I'd make the claim it's reasonably close.

You may be right, but you don't know this. There is plenty of precedent for Maiden making changes to setlists on different legs of tours. I can't believe how some of you just state with certainty that there will be no changes.
All available evidence points to no setlist changes. At no point has a band member given a sly hint of a surprise. The official playlist for the tour hasn't changed. If you put together the songs they've told us they will play we see many are covered by confirmed fact or implication (IE FTGGOG being played during the promo video mentioned above). No, I don't know, but I am reasonably sure.

I’m just so fucking excited to see this tour again.

A surprise switch-up would be amazing, and I’ll theorize/speculate about that possibility all I want thank you very much, but at the end of the day I agree it’s already a killer setlist/stage set/concept with not much reason to swap anything around.

I mean, if I went back in time and told my younger self that someday I’d be seeing Maiden play Aces, WED, Revelations Clansman, FTGGOG, SOTC, and Icarus in the same show, I would have probably responded with the same degree of negativity and disbelief as those of you here criticizing people for riding the ATG hype train! :D:p

I think they would do exactly the same thing they did with Maiden England in 2012/2013: different legs, exactly the same setlist.

I was researching setlist fm for this post, https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/judas-priest.26368/page-114#post-817651 , and discovered that there was 3 changes for the gigs I saw on that tour, they swapped ATSS for Revelations and dropped the Clairvoyant and swapped Running Free for Sanctuary. To be honest, I have no memories as to whether this is true or not LOL

I was researching setlist fm for this post, https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/judas-priest.26368/page-114#post-817651 , and discovered that there was 3 changes for the gigs I saw on that tour, they swapped ATSS for Revelations and dropped the Clairvoyant and swapped Running Free for Sanctuary. To be honest, I have no memories as to whether this is true or not LOL

Clairvoyant was replaced by Wrathchild, but dropped mid-tour. And those changes accured between 2013 and 2014 legs.

Clairvoyant was replaced by Wrathchild, but dropped mid-tour. And those changes accured between 2013 and 2014 legs.

Oops.

Was there a European leg in 2012?

EDIT: just checked setlist.fm and there wasn't, I was getting worried for a minute I thought there might have been a gig in 2012 that I'd completely forgotten about LOL

Last edited:
RhVjFXN.jpg
Never trust a man with a pinkie ring.

Oops.

Was there a European leg in 2012?

EDIT: just checked setlist.fm and there wasn't, I was getting worried for a minute I thought there might have been a gig in 2012 that I'd completely forgotten about LOL

Nah there wasn't. But we were talking 2012-2013 changes, which is a similar situation as LOTB, but in reverse orded continent-wise.

My favourite fantasy/conspiracy theory in LOTB speculations was how the mosquito in the original tour poster and Edward the Great in the early version of Nicko's kit indicated that ATG was planned to be played.

There is a belief that the fever that killed AtG was caused by a mosquito bite.

People didn't think this was far-fetched, but they thought Rod confusing two British war films from the 1960s, Where Eagles Dare and 633 Squadron (which has an iconic scene with Mosquitos), with each other was.

And just for the record, the Alexander-mosquito thing is a rogue theory from 2003 which was featured in only one academic paper, it's not in any of the ancient sources or any readily available literature, so yeah, I call BS on this.

Last edited:
what is this about?

The official explanation for the mosquito in the LOTB art was that Rod thought there were de Havilland Mosquito planes in the film Where Eagles Dare, when there weren't. There is an iconic scene featuring them in the film 633 Squadron, so I'm pretty sure Rod got those mixed up in his memory.

The official explanation for the mosquito in the LOTB art was that Rod thought there were de Havilland Mosquito planes in the film Where Eagles Dare, when there weren't. There is an iconic scene featuring them in the film 633 Squadron, so I'm pretty sure Rod got those mixed up in his memory.

Your explanation makes sense, also 633 Squadron was the theme tune Maiden used before Tailgunner so that may have contributed to Rod's mistake.

Exactly!

@srfc: the explanation can be found in one of the FC magazines from last year.

People didn't think this was far-fetched, but they thought Rod confusing two British war films from the 1960s, Where Eagles Dare and 633 Squadron (which has an iconic scene with Mosquitos), with each other was.

And just for the record, the Alexander-mosquito thing is a rogue theory from 2003 which was featured in only one academic paper, it's not in any of the ancient sources or any readily available literature, so yeah, I call BS on this.
Hey, was just answering a question. But what do you really know? You don't think Maiden has been recording an album....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back