LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said before, I think there is very little chances of any setlist changes. The current set is a combination of songs, props and lights - any changes to the songs would require a change to the light show and potential new props and backdrops. They'd also probably have to rehearse a new/different song which they might not necessarily have the time for considering each band members' often busy schedules. Most importantly, in my opinion, is that the tour is advertised as The Legacy of the Beast with a focus on particular themes based on the game and changing the set would mean one part of the world gets something different from the other part of the world that got the tour. A different package for the same tour means people complain and Maiden have to answer media questions about it. The same package is fair and everyone gets the same thing.
I agree it seems highly unlikely they will change anything. The Maiden "Official Legacy of the Beast 2019 tour playlist" on spotify is made up of the 2018 setlist, and the title is followed by a link to the tickets. It certainly seems as though they are selling the setlist as the one that will be played.

For what it’s worth, I would be okay if they dropped “The Clansman.” It’s not that I dislike it or don’t want to see them play it. I just wouldn’t be upset if they replaced it with something else like, for example, Paschendale. I know it’ll never happen though.

I wouldn't be surprised if "For The Greater Good of God" were replaced by a more popular song (whether it would be a "better" one is just a matter of taste ;) ).

I was over the moon at getting FTGGOG. I've gradually come to the realisation that I would have loved to have heard AMOLAD live in full, so the more of it they play at shows in future, I'll welcome that.

People have been saying that since before the first leg of the tour was over. It won't get dropped, nor should it. Not only is the song a masterpiece of reunion-era Maiden, it's the centrepiece of the setlist.
I'm pretty sure all it took was a slightly weak crowd reaction on one YouTube video from Tallinn for people to start saying they were about to drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back