LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock in Rio is a better live album. Flight 666 is great to watch. I never listen to it. Although the versions of Heaven Can Wait and Moonchild are amazing.

The biggest problem I have with F666 is the gap between between songs, lacking any kind of continuity whatsoever. A true live album should be the opposite of that.

Also, let's not forget even Maiden's most recent release (the Live Chapter) is actually very light on the bass compared to practically everything else they've done. I'll be interested to see if this is a new trend or just a one-off resulting from Steve not being involved in the mix.

But the production and mixing aren't great, and the video is poorly edited.

All part of the '2021 Remastered Live Chapter' plot. Plenty of bass on that one, Ill bet.

Last edited:
Video from Live Chapter is poorly edited indeed. For example, Powerslave only features around 10% of the video recored in Trieste (where the audio is from).

I love Rock in Rio, but the editing kind of kills the video for me. As a live album it's unbeatable because of the incredibly solid performances and the fantastic production, especially the version that has Bruce's funny little rant left in between 2MTM and Blood Brothers. I do kind of wish they'd played The Fallen Angel and Out of the Silent Planet as the special extra encore instead of boring old RTTH, though. Even if it's probably the most solid live version of that song ever.

Refering to the main thread: Legacy Of the Beast Tour I'd like to share some interesting news (or rumours) coming up. At first, the good ones: There’re some strong rumours on the Web (particulary Brazilian sources) state Iron Maiden are playing three (!) additional dates in Curtiba, Sao Paulo and (as the local journalists suspect) Salvador /Sao Luis apart from announced headline show at “Rock In Rio Festival 2019”. Probably German "rock opas" from The Scorpions become the special guests for British metallers. The shows should be scheduled on the 6th, 8th and 10th October 2019. Interesting details should be announced on March or April this Spring as you guess.

One of the believable sources: https://www.opresente.com.br/…/iron-maiden-pode-voltar-a-s…/

Okay, it's time to share a bit sour reflections, my friends. I swear to you I'm not trolling, spreading infantile rumours or other bullshit, I'm frank and honest with you! There're many controversial moves on behalf of Live Nation in North America proving the ticket sales figures must be far from impressive so far L Unfortunately they closed sales for many seats all over the particular venues, and some observations allow to estimate current sales figures as 3 to 4 thousand (!) tickets in some places as Phoenix, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Nashville. Drama! The other ones are far from calling "to be selling well" even traditional "Maiden - oriented" places sell extremely slow, in some of them sales’ve stood still. It's a kind of disappointing to me after hugely successful European leg of 2018 and very impressive North American tours (many sold out arenas with capacity of 15 or 20K + plp) during last world tour (2016/17). Rod Smallwood must feel depressed with this turn of the events as I could anticipating at this moment... I'm really surprised with the shape of some things, even shocked somehow - must admit. I don't think the sales'll change a lot 'till the beginning of the tour. Recap: "Legacy of the Beast Tour 2019 - North American Leg" seems to be their worst selling band's American jaunt since infamous 2003 "Give Me Ed...". What do you think, where lies the ultimate reason for this fiasco?

That's just weird. I have no idea how that happened. To me, the early announcement of the tour isn't good enough reason for the ticket sales to suffer that dramatically.

Maybe after 20 years popularity of Maiden's starting to decline? After all that's Rod's problem - big tour was announced without proper (starring band) special guests: that's crazy to the bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back