LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Black Wizard, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

He’s going to start doing this sweet spin move during “Iron Maiden”, or something.

Meanwhile Steve joins Metallica and every song suddenly bloats up to 15 minutes.

Don’t you think I’m a bitcher?
    Don’t you think you’re my bitch, yeah?
    Don’t you think that you ain’t my biiiitch-ahh?!

MW564, Zare, Number 6 and 3 others like this.
  2. Iron Lurker

Iron Lurker Educated Fool

Well it would be nice to have a Metallica record where you can actually hear the bass.....

3. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

This. People complain about the lack of bass in ...And Justice for All, but it doesn't sound much different from their other records in that regard IMO.

4. Ruflux

Ruflux Educated Fool

I am hearing this fusion of Ain't My Bitch and The Angel and the Gambler in my head and I have to admit it doesn't actually sound half as bad as it should.

5. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 Ghost of Benjamin Breeg

Bass was very audible on the Jason-era albums. And Kill Em All as well.

6. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 Ghost of Benjamin Breeg

90s albums*

7. Ruflux

Ruflux Educated Fool

Garage Days Re-Revisited also had lots of bass on it, which makes the complete turnaround on And Justice for All even more bizarre. They're definitely a bit better about it now, but the simple fact is Metallica's guitar tones eat up a lot of the frequencies the bass uses so it'll never be as audible as it could be.

e: Also, let's not forget even Maiden's most recent release (the Live Chapter) is actually very light on the bass compared to practically everything else they've done. I'll be interested to see if this is a new trend or just a one-off resulting from Steve not being involved in the mix.

8. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Ancient Mariner

I agree about the bass levels on Live Chapter, but I noticed it gets louder around the 4th or 5th song. Compare track 1 or 2 back to back to later tracks and it's quite surprising. I think they dropped the ball somewhere and should have compared the separate songs to one another so that it would sound more consistent.

9. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

He is still the co-producer, so that probably means that it is the sound he likes now.

10. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

The truth is the whole Live Chapter thing felt lazy and hastily done. It's like they put it out just for the sake of putting it out, not because they really wanted to and felt it was needed. A shame, because the tour was great and deserved a better release treatment.

11. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

To be fair, there was no point spending much on a DVD that was going to end up on YouTube anyway

12. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

I just noticed that the church-stage is revealed with Revelations.

13. GhostofCain

Didn't you attend any of the 2018 shows? :confused:

14. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

Tallinn and first night in Helsinki.

15. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

What I meant is that the stage reveal is a revelation, and the first song is Revelations.

16. GhostofCain

I see what you mean. Yes, it was clear they were revealing things, therefore it's a revelation. :)

17. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

The CD and vinyl packages are fantastic. Nothing lazy or hastily done about that.

18. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

But the production and mixing aren't great, and the video is poorly edited.

19. I disagree. I think it's the best sounding live release of the reunion era. I can actually hear each instrument distinctly. So glad it was not produced by Kevin Shirley. Video is great, too. Opinions and taste..

20. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

Rock in Rio is still the best-sounding and best-looking post-2000 live release. To me, that is.

GroundZero, Lego, Ruflux and 3 others like this.