LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are those people and where do they say that?

It is probably just an exaggeration; the tour has been announced several months earlier than usual for a summer North American tour and most of the shows are selling well. People tend to forget that many casual fans in North America would be more worried about Christmas shopping than getting tickets for a gig that is going to happen in 8 months time.

Idea to boost the sales in the US: re-release "Be Quick or Be Dead" as single with Hostile 45 instead of Robert Maxwell on the cover. :D

The support band doesn't necessarily need to be bigger. Just better. And have earned the right to be there.
I'm not sure the support band would have an effect on the overall ticket sales. Ticket sales on the first leg of TBOS were very good, The Raven Age opened on that tour as well. If someone is going to buy tickets for the show, they are buying them for Maiden, not The Raven Age.

Ticket sales for incoming tour went poor. In NYC where band alway sold 20000 tix in hour, only few thousand were sold so far. Many people say band's time has gone for good.
Sales are fine. They are doing more gigs in the USA than the last tours, and with some concerts geographically close to each other it might take a little time to sell tickets.

Slow ticket sales could be attributed to a couple of things. I think the biggest thing is that folks in the U.S. aren't used to shows going on sale almost a year in advance. That's way too far out to plan, especially if you have to travel for a show. I still haven't bit on a ticket because most of the airlines aren't showing their schedules and prices that far out. If I don't know what my travel budget is, I'm sure as hell not gonna jump on a $100+ ticket that I may or may not be able to use. And, also, that the pit tickets are "use 'em or lose 'em" certainly doesn't help with that, either.
I know I'm grumbling an awful lot that they are skipping a major metropolitan area with a huge population and stable fanbase (Denver) on this tour. But... I don't mind traveling for a show, and it would be fun... but... I'm not willing to spend $500 in tickets and travel to see Maiden. I love them... but... for fkk's sake... that's too rich for my blood this time around.
I hope everybody has an amazing time at their shows, though.
Up the irons, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back