LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's excellent, the drama over tickets sales on here seems to have been total nonsense. If my maths is right those 9 shows were 97% sold out.

It's easy to forget they were playing to hundreds in nite-clubs in the 90's and that was if the shows even went ahead.
Yes, I was there in a crowd of a few hundred in Atlanta for the X Factour. Blaze lost his voice and literally croaked his way throught the encores. Then they cancelled Atlanta at the same club on the Virtual XI tour. I was so down. I really thought Maiden was done.

Yet the number of tickets sold exceeds those for the 2017 sold-out shows.

At the end of the day, regardless of how things are presented in terms of sold-out shows, the results are impressive.
My point was only that it's easy to make a show sold out, even if they had more tickets on sale at some point. But yes, the results are very impressive.

I'm really curious on what the final result will be for the LA show. I think they have more than 25k sold. Maybe we will see more stadium shows next time Maiden tour the US?

When it comes to the results, they are easily manipulated. Look at Brooklyn. Around 14k the first night, 10k the second, yet both were sold out.

Where did you see those Brooklyn numbers? There were 2 full upper level sections (206 and 226) that were not sold on second night of the Brooklyn show, but were totally full on the first night. Other than that the arena was pretty full both nights. I could see a difference of ~1000 people between nights, but 4k seems unlikely.

I'm really curious on what the final result will be for the LA show. I think they have more than 25k sold. Maybe we will see more stadium shows next time Maiden tour the US?

I doubt it, Maiden always plays amphitheaters and arenas because of Live Nation partnership I think.

Where did you see those Brooklyn numbers? There were 2 full upper level sections (206 and 226) that were not sold on second night of the Brooklyn show, but were totally full on the first night. Other than that the arena was pretty full both nights. I could see a difference of ~1000 people between nights, but 4k seems unlikely.
It's a guess. Maybe it was more like 13k and 11k. The total was 24k,

My opinion he was speaking in the context of the tour only. Recording new material in the studio is not the same as rehearsing their old songs/ playing live.
I think so. In this context, what they described was how immersive the tour content is, such that they have just started playing again as if they practiced it one day before.

At least this was what I got when I watched it for the first time. The friends with better English or skill of interpretation are always welcome!

Last edited:
It does sound like they haven't rehearsed much ahead of the tour. Rehearsals started late June or early July. Pooch posted "back to work" on June 29th on his Instagram. So the band started rehearsing that day or a few days after.

It was a decent size. Around 12,000 according to Bruce. Like I said, they did have to curtain off the upper levels.

It was a fantastic show. Bruce was on point, as was the rest of the band. Once again, we were teased with references to new music.

Compared to the Atlanta show last month:
The crowd wasn’t quite as good, but that wasn’t too much of a deal breaker.
Janick took the Revelations solo tonight, so it was cool to see his take as compared to Adrian’s at Atlanta.
They didn’t mess up the intro to FOTD this time.
I think someone proposed to someone in the pit? They had a sign trying to get Bruce to help, but he didn’t want to be a part of it.

Overall, a fun show for my friends and me.

Also: both of my friends were floored by Sign of the Cross, FTGGOG, and Flight of Icarus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back