Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting the band viewed 2005 tour as a "closure" for a range of songs that they never intended to play in 2005 let alone ever again. Drifter murders remember tomorrow prowler being examples.

Yeah, I think looking for anything from the Di'anno era besides the usual suspects (Iron Maiden, Wrathchild, maybe Running Free) is fruitless.

I think 'Phantom of the Opera' has a good chance.
I wouldn't say a good chance. An okay chance, maybe. Now that there's no reason they can't play Hallowed, I'm doubting Phantom's inclusion. The only time it got played in a set with both FotD and Hallowed in the reunion era was on the short 2009 leg of SBiT and on the reunion tour, so there's really no precedent for it.

I wouldn't say a good chance. An okay chance, maybe. Now that there's no reason they can't play Hallowed, I'm doubting Phantom's inclusion. The only time it got played in a set with both FotD and Hallowed in the reunion era was on the short 2009 leg of SBiT and on the reunion tour, so there's really no precedent for it.
giphy.gif

It was on the Maiden England tour - all 3 legs:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron...-amphitheater-san-bernardino-ca-1bc6418c.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2013/the-o2-arena-london-england-4bc6ebf6.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2014/knebworth-house-knebworth-england-3bc1fcf8.html

Phantom of the Opera and Hallowed be The Name were both in the 2005 set too. ;)

When I listened to TLOTLDR earlier today, I was forgot how good the song is. It has all the things I like in a Maiden songs and that are essential for them - great intro, melodic riffs and solos, fantastic chorus, speed of the song, melodic harmonies and loud/''thunderous'' bass that can be heard especially at the end of the song !

I miss those kind of songs nowadays. I hope for the next album Maiden to create this kind of songs - with more speed and a lot of changes of the harmony and rhythm.
Enough with the slower and long songs and put only 1 or 2 epics - more short rockers please ! :blush:

Judas Priest and Saxon new albums are evidence that one album can be very good with mostly short songs (the longest are 5 or 6 minutes)

Anyway, TLOTLDR will be a great and a welcomed surprise if the play it on the upcoming tour (since it has been played only 1 time :() the only thing that irritates me on that song is the very long title/name of it... :D

When I listened to TLOTLDR earlier today, I was forgot how good the song is. It has all the things I like in a Maiden songs and that are essential for them - great intro, melodic riffs and solos, fantastic chorus, speed of the song, melodic harmonies and loud/''thunderous'' bass that can be heard especially at the end of the song !

I miss those kind of songs nowadays. I hope for the next album Maiden to create this kind of songs - with more speed and a lot of changes of the harmony and rhythm.
Enough with the slower and long songs and put only 1 or 2 epics - more short rockers please ! :blush:

Judas Priest and Saxon new albums are evidence that one album can be very good with mostly short songs (the longest are 5 or 6 minutes)

Anyway, TLOTLDR will be a great and a welcomed surprise if the play it on the upcoming tour (since it has been played only 1 time :() the only thing that irritates me on that song is the very long title/name of it... :D

TLOTLDR is one if the most underrated songs they've ever recorded in my opinion. But i wouldn't like more short rockers, I don't think that's where they are at their best anymore, I prefer the longer and more progressive songs on the later albums.
Some short non-rockers would be interesting though.

TLOTLDR is one if the most underrated songs they've ever recorded in my opinion. But i wouldn't like more short rockers, I don't think that's where they are at their best anymore, I prefer the longer and more progressive songs on the later albums.
Some short non-rockers would be interesting though.

Short rockers like Rainmaker, The Wicker Man are great and I also like the longer progressive songs, but for most of them are unnecessary to be 10+ minutes or over 13 minutes. from 6 to 7 or 8 minutes is enough !

I really miss those type of songs like Aces High, Trooper, RTTH - fast rockers that are not more than 4 minutes... The Mercenary, The Fallen Angel, Wildest Dreams, Different World, The Alchemist, Speed of Light and Death or Glory are in that vein and I like them a lot !

Now that you mention short rockers, I was really surprised to see that they did not play The Alchemist on TFF tour. I thought it was an obvious choice when the album came out, and still think that it would sound great live.

Since they decided not to play it then, that chance is gone forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back