Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
off topic (I did not want to create a new thread)
i saw this picture: https://www.facebook.com/SteveHarri...7595125596300/802477903108018/?type=3&theater

is it true that Flight 666 film does not have big Mummy Eddie (captured on screen) ?
i remember only futuristic Eddie during iron maiden song.

It is true. The big Eddie (and some other props) didn't fit in the old Ed-Force 1 and therefore were not used during the first leg of the SBIT tour, which was featured in the Flight 666 footage.

It is true. The big Eddie (and some other props) didn't fit in the old Ed-Force 1 and therefore were not used during the first leg of the SBIT tour, which was featured in the Flight 666 footage.

Is that one of the reasons the Final Frontier tour had no Pyro?

well then, what the hell were they thinking :( Classic moment of full on glory is lost :facepalm:

Is that one of the reasons the Final Frontier tour had no Pyro?

I doubt it. They just seemed to like altering with and without pyro every other tour at the time.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-frontman-i-m-jealous-of-slipknot-s-flames-and-fires/

We haven't gone with any pyro at all on this tour. I think the next time we go out we will. We like to alternate it every other year because if you get the reputation that you've got to go and see a band because of the pyro and then you don't do the pyro people think, 'Oh, I won't bother then.'"
(Bruce, 2011)

^ a friend of mine who's not into metal went to a Metallica show once with a bunch of buddies. On several different occasions, when it came up, I asked him for impressions and each and every time he spoke of giant fenced flamethrowers placed throughout the pitch going off and just producing awesome waves of heat.

Yesterday, Maiden shared another song through their site - The Longest Day ! I hope it is a hint for the tour, but I doubt it ! Very hard song for Bruce and was a difficult live song for him even in 2006 !

Yesterday, Maiden shared another song through their site - The Longest Day ! I hope it is a hint for the tour, but I doubt it ! Very hard song for Bruce and was a difficult live song for him even in 2006 !

I doubt it too. Sharing songs seems to be a trend the official page is going with now, with little setlist hinta here and there to build up the general hype. Then again, I wouldn't complain if they played it, but as much as they (and I!) love AMOLAD, I doubt it. From that album, FTGGOG, and These Colours Don't Run might be the strongest candidates for the set. As an alternatives, Benjamin Breeg and Brighter Than a 1000 Suns are not completely out of this world either.

There are too many Mondays before the tour starts for many of these to be tour hints sadly. Still think Icarus and Be Quick are possible though.

Don’t forget that ahead of the 2017 TBOS tour the official page asked what SIT songs people wanted to hear on the tour.

Don’t forget that ahead of the 2017 TBOS tour the official page asked what SIT songs people wanted to hear on the tour.
Do you mean that maybe that will influence the setlist or just that we shouldn’t take anything too seriously until they play a show?

The only hints so far are the songs which have been in the tour teasers.

- NOTB
- RTTH
- Trooper
- Aces High
- 2MTM
- FOTD
- FTGGOG

I wonder if songs like El Dorado, Wildest Dreams and Different World has any chance for returning to the setlist ? :confused:
Maiden need to put more short songs to their setlists, so they can play more than a 15 songs set !

Last edited:
This reminds me - Different World is totally the weakest of the punchy reunion “singles”.

Tough to beat The Wicker Man, but Speed of Light and El Dorado are dope.

I wonder if songs like El Dorado, Wildest Dreams and Different World has any chance for returning to the setlist ? :confused:
Maiden need to put more short songs to their setlists, so they can play more than a 15 songs set !

I don't think that any of those three have a chance. Different World is ok, Wildest Dreams works just well enough live and El Dorado has a lot of good things going on (and great lyrics!) but pretty much anything else from the reunion era would be more interesting, even though those three are definitely not overplayed. :D Rainmaker would be awesome at some point, it would work well as a "pacer" in the set, either early on or right after something massive. Not too sure if this tour is the right time anyway, and I doubt they'll play it at all anymore, just saying.

This reminds me - Different World is totally the weakest of the punchy reunion “singles”.

Tough to beat The Wicker Man, but Speed of Light and El Dorado are dope.

I'd rank the post-reunion singles like this:

Top-tier
The Wicker Man
Rainmaker
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Mid-tier (still pretty good!)
El Dorado
Different World
Speed of Light
Out of the Silent Planet (I've always had a soft spot for this one, I even like the intro quite a lot - it would have been pretty cool encore opener with pyros and all.. :D)

Low-tier
The Final Frontier
Wildest Dreams

I still think that Tears of a Clown would have made an awesome physical single with the artwork that was used as a backdrop in 2016. One can dream... Record Store Day 2018 exclusive "7 single, anyone? Both studio and a live version (2016) included. :) Ah, daydreaming.

The only hints so far are the songs which have been in the tour teasers.

- NOTB
- RTTH
- Trooper
- Aces High
- 2MTM
- FOTD
- FTGGOG

I'm pretty positive about Flight of Icarus and Be Quick or be Dead as very potential hints. :D At least the former; I just think that the Icarus in the stained glass and that very suggestive Facebook post might seriously hints something. There MUST be a real deep cut like that, even in Maiden standards, I don't see them building the set any other way. The question is, how many (or few) deep cuts...

Last edited:
I don't think that any of those three have a chance. Different World is ok, Wildest Dreams works just well enough live and El Dorado has a lot of good things going on (and great lyrics!) but pretty much anything else from the reunion era would be more interesting, even though those three are definitely not overplayed. :D Rainmaker would be awesome at some point, it would work well as a "pacer" in the set, either early on or right after something massive. Not too sure if this tour is the right time anyway, and I doubt they'll play it at all anymore, just saying.

I'd rank the post-reunion singles like this:

Top-tier
The Wicker Man
Rainmaker
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Mid-tier (still pretty good!)
El Dorado
Different World
Speed of Light
Out of the Silent Planet (I've always had a soft spot for this one, I even like the intro quite a lot - it would have been pretty cool encore opener with pyros and all.. :D)

Low-tier
The Final Frontier
Wildest Dreams

I still think that Tears of a Clown would have made an awesome physical single with the artwork that was used as a backdrop in 2016. One can dream... Record Store Day 2018 exclusive "7 single, anyone? Both studio and a live version (2016) included. :) Ah, daydreaming.

I'm pretty positive about Flight of Icarus and Be Quick or be Dead as very potential hints. :D At least the former; I just think that the Icarus in the stained glass and that very suggestive Facebook post might seriously hints something. There MUST be a real deep cut like that, even in Maiden standards, I don't see them building the set any other way. The question is, how many (or few) deep cuts...

For me, Different World is one of Maiden's best short songs - great single too ! Wildest Dreams is a nice for a single and I quite like the melody and the chorus - on the DOTR documentary, Adrian said that the song is mix (perhaps the melody, but and the chorus too) between TNOTB and RTTH :eek::), though, when they played again live in 2010 I was surprised ! No More Lies is another very good song and I think that most of the fans like it ! it would be great to hear it live in 2018 !
Rainmaker is in my top 10 Maiden songs - a fantastic song with the ''old'' Maiden sound/vibe ! ;) For El Dorado, good song, but I think it should be at least 2 minutes shorter - then it would be cool ! very heavy song and unusual for Maiden !

OOTSP is a favorite of mine and is in my top 5 Maiden songs ! It's sad that it was not featured in the RIR 2001 :( The song is 6:25 minutes long, but when Maiden played it live in the BNW tour, they done it without the intro and the song goes on for 4:10 minutes long - so, a great short and a fantastic live song, for sure !!!
I rank the reunion singles:
- The Wicker Man 10/10
- OOTSP 10/10
- Wildest Dreams 9/10
- Rainmaker 10/10
- Different World 9/10
- TROBB 8/10 (maybe too long for a single ! another really heavy song, which is unusual for Maiden)
- El Dorado 7/10 (mixtured feelings for this song)
- S15... TFF 5/10 (I'm not sure this was a single, but the intro is unnecessary and it goes for 4+ minutes o_O and the song itself is too simplistic for a title song ! they should have done a CSIT type of song - epic chorus and epic solos !
- SOL 9/10
- Empire of the Clouds 10/10

Ohhhhhh yes ! TOAC would have been a great single and with the backdrop from the tour as a cover for the single, it would be a killer artwork and a killer Eddie ! And is a perfect song for a single - short and catchy ! The whole backdrop with the other two Eddies would be a great poster for the CD single ;) EOTC was a kind of a special single, released only for the Record Store Day - but it is count as a single to the album, isn't it ?

Last edited:
Tremonti and Anthrax confirmed to open for Maiden at Hills of Rock!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back