Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight of Icarus would be the biggest surprise ever. But can you see them finding room for it? The Trooper will surely be played. Most likely Revelations as well. That's two songs from Piece of Mind. Expect Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight. That's two from Powerslave. Run to the Hills and The Number of the Beast from NOTB. Maybe one more because they often do three songs from that album. Add Iron Maiden, at least one song from Seventh Son. Are they really finding room for a song they haven't ever agreed on how it should be played? Can't see it happening.

Bruce on Swedish radio talking a bit about the new tour:

- They began planning during the last tour, and started work almost as soon as it ended
-He, Steve and Rod do most of the planning
-There are hints in the tour promo material
-They're looking at lots of new technology for the stage show, but he hates screens
-He's looking forward to playing lots of older songs again
-Loves playing "big old epics" like Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Bruce on Swedish radio talking a bit about the new tour:

- They began planning during the last tour, and started work almost as soon as it ended
-He, Steve and Rod do most of the planning
-There are hints in the tour promo material
-They're looking at lots of new technology for the stage show, but he hates screens
-He's looking forward to playing lots of older songs again
-Loves playing "big old epics" like Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The bit about screens is interesting. I'm guessing my theory of screens replacing the artwork on the risers to allow for multiple stage themes while keeping the drapes was definitely at least considered at some point. Also interesting is the confirmation the artwork isn't all just red herrings. I'd make the argument some of it probably is (like the swords thing or the Scotland flag) but there's undoubtedly real clues in there too.

Considering his statement I think Rime seems like a good possibility in addition to the songs that have already been promoted.

Last edited:
Bruce dropped a possible hint about RTTH in answer to a question on his book tour too. He said he could still sing it and had been singing it in the kitchen recently in case he needed to perform it in future - but he couldn't tell us any more about that. Tease.

I'd make the argument some of it probably is (like the swords thing or the Scotland flag) but there's undoubtedly real clues in there too.
Surely it's the exact opposite of what you've said? The Scotland flag isn't a red herring; it's a nod to the fact that this is the first time a "retro" tour (if this is what the tour is) has visited Scotland. That's never happened before; retro tours have never toured the UK. Swords, no clue. The rest is the rubbish.

I assume the fish is what I'd previously assumed was a rocket, and given that it's in the same segment as a baby, assumed to be 'Moonchild'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back