Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the meaning of life, if not overreacting about something you care about? Let us kids be happy, ma'am

Call me madam once again and I'll find you and slit your throat while you sleep.

I asked a simple question, several people replied giving their arguments about what they thought, but you think you can tell me where and what to post? Really? It's not going to happen.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if they played a single song that hasn't previously been played in the reunion era. The most we can expect is Flight Of Icarus. Stranger In A Strange Land has only been played in the first year of the reunion, so that one can also kinda count. I seriously doubt they'd bring back or premiere anything other than those two.
I disagree with this, every greatest hits tour since Ed Hunter has featured songs that haven't been played by the current lineup (and if you wanna go back further, A Real Live tour, arguably the first greatest hits tour, also featured a good amount of rarities). It's easy to take songs like Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Rime for granted since they were expected, but they were still major deep cuts that would be huge surprises if the tour theme didn't make them obvious. I would say there's a pretty good chance of 4-5 songs that haven't been played in the reunion era. Flight of Icarus seems very likely at this point and that alone would be a huge surprise. Personally I never thought they would ever bring that one back.

There has to be a surprise epic, Rime is likely and it looks like For the Greater Good of God is coming back. The special focus on Piece of Mind and Seventh Son makes me think there will be surprises from those albums. All that's left from Seventh Son is Infinite Dreams, maybe they'll give it another shot? I could also see Still Life or even To Tame a Land for an 80s epic that hasn't been played by the reunion lineup. Since there isn't focus on one particular album or era for the first time since 2003, I think there are many chances for big surprises that a lot of people here aren't considering.

But Aces High is a very strong candidate for being in the setlist, and I don't think Bruce'll be able to play it on an encore opener. Moonchild, however, is achievable at the end of the concert. I mean, they could play Aces High at the middle of the set, but this is a very unorthodox thinking, so...nah. The set would resemble SBiT, yes, but, next year, it'll have been 10 years since the SBiT began. It's a lot of time, so it's not like they're just on copy and past mode from the TBoS or ME tour.

About SIASL, I agree completely with Ruflux. I think it's on the same box as 22AA, Flight of Icarus and Die With Your Boots On as "cool songs, easy to play, but the whole band can't agree on something so, instead of fighting, we'll just drop it". Someone spoke about Paschendale, for me, they consider Paschendale along with BTATS, Infinite Dreams and Caught Somewhere in Time as "cool songs, we like them, but they're challenging, it could derail, so we really don't want the extra work". While I was typing this Flight of Icarus news came. As far as I remember, it was a hotly debated issue with Adrian and Steve about the cadence of the song, and they dropped to avoid an incident. If they worked through it...it would fit perfectly as the usual deep cut. A short song, easy to play, easy to sing (compared to, let's say, Aces High) easy for the casual fan to catch and a favorite of the hardcore fan. Fits well at the beginning, ending or at the encore. The perfect suspect.

I do not agree with one thing: Flight of Icarus is not easy song to sing. I think is quite difficult and challenging, and the high scream at the end will be very hard for Bruce, but for me he is majestic and I'm sure he'll do it !!!

Last edited:
Call me madam once again and I'll find you and slit your throat while you sleep.

I asked a simple question, several people replied giving their arguments about what they thought, but you think you can tell me where and what to post? Really? It's not going to happen.

Jesus, I was kidding. I thought it was clear it wasn't serious.

I don't know why the hell are people being so rude, but OK, I learned not to worn out my welcome

I disagree with this, every greatest hits tour since Ed Hunter has featured songs that haven't been played by the current lineup (and if you wanna go back further, A Real Live tour, arguably the first greatest hits tour, also featured a good amount of rarities). It's easy to take songs like Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Rime for granted since they were expected, but they were still major deep cuts that would be huge surprises if the tour theme didn't make them obvious. I would say there's a pretty good chance of 4-5 songs that haven't been played in the reunion era. Flight of Icarus seems very likely at this point and that alone would be a huge surprise. Personally I never thought they would ever bring that one back.

There has to be a surprise epic, Rime is likely and it looks like For the Greater Good of God is coming back. The special focus on Piece of Mind and Seventh Son makes me think there will be surprises from those albums. All that's left from Seventh Son is Infinite Dreams, maybe they'll give it another shot? I could also see Still Life or even To Tame a Land for an 80s epic that hasn't been played by the reunion lineup. Since there isn't focus on one particular album or era for the first time since 2003, I think there are many chances for big surprises that a lot of people here aren't considering.

I agree, Rime does seem to be the least unlikely of the 80's epics to return, given Bruce's enthusiasm for it back in '08

Referring to the album focus, Revelations and the much-speculated Flight of Icarus (in addition to Trooper) would fill the POM quota nicely enough - I'm not anticipating any other POM tracks. As for Seventh Son, the same could apply for Moonchild and (maybe) The Clairvoyant. And whilst I would be prepared to sacrifice a great deal of my internal organs to have Infinite Dreams be played again, I don't expect it to happen.

As for the History tours or Greatest hits or every non album tour ( without A Real Live Tour, because is basically a continue (a bonus tour, because of Bruce leaving) to the Fear of the Dark tour ! :

- Ed Hunter tour '99 - good tour, Bruce and Adrian are back, a lot of classics return ( some of them not been played for about 15 years :eek:) and the fans choose the songs - top 20 Maiden songs. and they played all of them, with the exclusions of BQOBD and Tailgunner ! So, a great tour, very short, but they write Brave New World album at that time, I think - good setlist in contrast to the setlists with Blaze which have the same classics !

- Give Me Ed... tour '03 - a pre-tour to the DOD tour and the band had the chance to play other ''forgotten'' songs, like 22AA, BYD...TTS and a new song from the upcoming new album. Again not very long tour, but a good setlist , and after the majestic Brave New World tour - that was good move for the band. And they played Download Festival for the first time. The LOTB tour would turn like this tour, but I hope to be more adventurous !

- Early Days tour '05 - a great tour with songs only from the first 4 albums ! Yeah, they should have to included 22AA, Killers, FOI and for sure To Tame A Land, as the epic of the set, but this was a great show with so many old classic songs. And they even play Charlotte the Harlot twice :eek: ! Very ugly stage set for me, only the Give Me Ed... stage set was more ugly that this , and Bruce was on his prime on this tour

- Somewhere Back in Time tour '08/09 - very special tour and with the inclusions of songs like Aces High, Powerlsave and ROTAM - was a magical tour. Fantastic stage set like on the World Slavery tour ! The only thing I don't like at all was the setlsit ! For me, the band should had to kept it with the LAD set ! in the 2009 leg they change some of the songs fro good , but other ones like FOI (this was a ''must'' to the set), 22AA, DWYBO, MITRM, RF, Wrathchild, even Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) were not played :( A lost opportunity !

- Maiden England tour '12/14 - not very good tour, again they should had kept the setlsit with the ME video and not to play Infinite Dreams was a shame (after all this was the lead live single fro the video). To much safety setlist for this tour and the only surprise was ATSS ! Maybe the have to play only songs from Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time ( since this album not going to have it's own tour nowadays :( ) and the rest to be the classics from the rest of the albums and from the ME video ! Even the Final Frontier tour 2010 leg has a lot more adventurous setlist than this one ! And it goes for 3 years o_O The best setlist for the 2014 leg should have been full of 90's songs ! 2012/2013 was enough for this kind of pointless tour !

I hope LOTB tour not to turn the same way as the ME tour and not to continue into 2019, and the band to write a new album and recorded through the whole 2018 and early 2019 release of it with a tour from 2019 to 2020 would be the best for Maiden and for the fans !
They have to play 5 or more deep cuts on this tour and finally to be adventurous with the setlist ! The setlist for Book of Souls tour was a kind of adventurous for the Maiden standards ( the encores was a big surprise ). Also, they have to release new music, new album, because they don't have much time and with the fantastic songs that they give to us over the years - new album in 2019 or at the end of 2018 is a possibility :cool:

Last edited:

:blink:

I don't care about your discussion, I didn't even grasp the context, just a Bundy fan ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back