Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it’s a shame they have never played one of the classic albums in full? No I don’t mean AMOLAD? Especially when most of the 80s albums only had 8 tracks.

Are there any Italians on Here?

Having a think about Firenze Rocks. Does anyone have a ball park figure for ticket prices? Also, where about is the venue, i.e. is it easy to get to from somewhere with a hotel, I'm too old for staying in a tent

I was thinking about Firenze rocks as well. Venue seems to be inside the city, close to the center. Not 100% sure though since I've never been to Florence. If you are planning on doing multiple days I guess tickets could be an arm and a leg literally.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLE8QmMpQB6n6qDTjBq6GMu8f-TjdzW58J

Here is the YT playlist I created from the hints on the teaser. I used Sun And Steel and not Flash Of The Blade, since I think Bruce could not sing FOTB live today. The running time of the playlist is cca 1h 40min. Have fun listening to what could it be based on hints (but it most certanly won't be).
I would like to hear this live :D
But I would like everything Maiden live - from Prowler to Empire of the Clouds :D

I love how you guys genuinely think Maiden have some settled setlist already firmly in place other than the usual fodder. I've no doubt Nicko can still play some older more challenging material; but can he tour it? Bruce on the other hand clearly isn't capable of even singing some older material never mind touring it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But I doubt there'll be that many setlist surprises. I admit playing Scotland on a retro tour is surprising though. I'm surprised, Davey. And that not being Glasgow, but Aberdeen really is surprising. Was that it, Davey?

Legend has it that they originally intended to play Seventh Son in its entirety back in '88, but ended up dropping The Prophecy and Only the Good Die Young for reasons unknown.

They should played the whole thing on Maiden England, opening with Only The Good Die Young, playing the album back to front, then some other classics at the end.

I was thinking about Firenze rocks as well. Venue seems to be inside the city, close to the center. Not 100% sure though since I've never been to Florence. If you are planning on doing multiple days I guess tickets could be an arm and a leg literally.

That's good news, I'd definitely want to see the days GNR and Ozzy and Priest are playing. I'd be happy enough with those 4 bands alone if the tickets are a fair price.

Ok, the playlist I created is almost exactly 1hr 40min and flows perfectly (also I have discovered again how shit the mix from Donnington 1992 is :p ). It also ticks all of the boxes: It is for die-hards and it is for average rock fan who knows the popular songs. It flows nicely. It also realises Nicko's wishes: Previously unperformed songs: Alexander The Great and Sun And Steel and performing one of 22AA and SIASL, the tracks he wishes to return to the set.

But again knowing Maiden and their sets, the chances of this set materializing are pretty slim. They probably know what they will play, but only roughly (to design drapes and stage set).

In the centre circle, the upper part symbolises FTGGOG: A wolf in clothing, a cross (God) and blood around a house.

I would say the tears of blood might be representing Paschendale ('Blood is falling like the rain')

The next one clock-wise is 2MTM. A nuclear head and baby in the womb ("To kill the unborn in the womb").

It is not a nuclear head, it is a fish.

The others I have no idea about yet:
-Some kind of helping hand and a symbol.

I think the symbols is merely 3 6s interlocked, as in The Number of the Beast.

-A bottle of whiskey and a hedgehog.

Where can you see a hedgehog? :confused:

-Light switch and snowflakes.

Light switch = Fear of the dark?

I think they are stars like at christmas time.

What the hell is in the fleur de lis above the seventh son eddie? Similarlythe Piece of Mind one

I think they represent a nuclear mushroom and a fallen angel/lord of light, respectively.

I admit playing Scotland on a retro tour is surprising though. I'm surprised, Davey. And that not being Glasgow, but Aberdeen really is surprising. Was that it, Davey?
Will you be going to that show then? It's a Saturday and a tenner cheaper than the rest of the tour, due to it being a shit venue.

That album was after Adrian left, and he quite happily played the song during the Chemical Wedding tour.

What Maiden song did Adrian play during The Chemical Wedding tour that he did not originally played on? As far as I can remember, he did not play any post 1988 songs live with Bruce solo.

Edit: Sorry, I have just seen this has already been mentioned.

Last edited:
I would say the tears of blood might be representing Paschendale ('Blood is falling like the rain')

It is not a nuclear head, it is a fish.

I think the symbols is merely 3 6s interlocked, as in The Number of the Beast.

Where can you see a hedgehog? :confused:

Light switch = Fear of the dark?

I see the fish now, since there is a bigger picture on the IM website. But why does it have a vertical line in the middle? Maybe it's just a piss take on H's hobby.

I also see an arrow pointing to devil's pitchfork on the page in the bottom left. So that one probably means: Seven holy paths to hell. Which is basicly the same as if it means 7 deadly sins; both partss of intro to Moonchild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back