Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can expect double DVD/BR release in april 2018, just before LOTB tour. Donington concert/next part of the history.

To me, a Donnington dvd doesnt make sense til after retirement. But also, given that the scrapped the Donnington 07 release due to sub standard footage, would they use it in a compilation dvd set? Hard to know. Id says its more likely than releasing it as a stand alone so who knows.

To me, a Donnington dvd doesnt make sense til after retirement. But also, given that the scrapped the Donnington 07 release due to sub standard footage, would they use it in a compilation dvd set? Hard to know. Id says its more likely than releasing it as a stand alone so who knows.
Someone, somewhere, will be waiting to squeeze every last penny out of the Maiden estate. I hope it doesn't get ugly.

For me to buy any potential Donnington release it would have to feature all appearences and have a decent documentary and extras AND be available at a reduced price ie 4 DVDs for the price of a normal double set or some such.

On a different note, I just heard a Maiden gig ad on the radio. Several songs were played in the background. Its pure speculation to suggest any/all will be in the set but I'll put the content in spoilers anyway.
Songs featured in ad....
2 Mins
RTTH
NOTB
FOTD
Aces High
There may have been one more but Aces High is the biggest surprise here for me. It then said "a set inspired by the lyrics and art of Iron Maiden" whatever the fuck that means

it is a mystery to all fans why maiden don not release all the monsters of rock material they have not already released.
Niall Keilt your price remark is nonsense! in your dreams , when have maiden given a way stuff for this little money??

LOTB realistic setlist

Wrathchild (instrumental)
Wrathchild (with Paul DiAnno, the wheelchair special)
Wrathchild (with Bruce)
Wrathchild (with Blaze)
Wrathchild (instrumental, but Janick plays the vocal melody)
Wrathchild (Techno Remix)
Wrathchild (Steve on vocals, the angry West Ham fan special)
Wrathchild (Polka version)
Wrathchild (Acoustic version)
Wrathchild (Adrian on vocals, short Wasted Years riff tease at the end)
Wrathchild (Country version, without Steve, Dave Murray on double-bass, H and Jan on banjos)
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
--------------------------------------------
Wrathchild (with TNOTB intro)
Wrathchild (Celtic version, H on fiddle, Jan on mandolin, Steve on bagpipes, Nicko on Bodhran, Davey on acoustic guitar and Bruce on tin whistle)
Wrathchild (with extended last chorus, until the last person in the audience leaves)

You totally forgot the version with the extended crowd singalong version (10 minutes of audience participation only focusing on the middle high scream part).

I really would love a Donington DVD/CD box set- '88, '92, '03, '07, '13, '16... I'd gladly shell out a couple hundred dollars for something like that, especially if it included some rare/unseen behind-the-scenes footage.

I really would love a Donington DVD/CD box set- '88, '92, '03, '07, '13, '16... I'd gladly shell out a couple hundred dollars for something like that, especially if it included some rare/unseen behind-the-scenes footage.
Sssshhhhh, dont tell em ye would pay that much. Roderick has eyeballs everywhere...

Someone, somewhere, will be waiting to squeeze every last penny out of the Maiden estate.
rod-smallwood.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back