Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want The Legacy to be in The Legacy of the Beast tour.

It is probably a hard song to do live with the acoustic parts and especially at the end of the song it will be hard for Bruce to reach those high notes as he did extremely good in 2006 !

Definitely it will be a surprise. Very melodic and a special song in the Maiden discography (no other song have this kind of acoustic part at the start and Bruce singing as high as ever.

I think opening with Hallowed could work great. What a way to kick off the show.

And they don’t always open with fast short rockers. 2016-2017 tours opened with the relatively plodding mid-tempo (but completely awesome) If Eternity Should Fail.

I would start the show with:

- Hallowed Be Thy Name
- Run To the Hills
- Flight of Icarus

Crowd would be completely jacked at that point and any set list after that would work.

Something like this, for example?

Hallowed
Run To The Hills
Flight of Icarus
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
The Trooper
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

-------------
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Running Fr... correction, Wrathchild.

Something like this, for example?

Hallowed
Run To The Hills
Flight of Icarus
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
The Trooper
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

-------------
Wrathchild
Wrathchild
Running Fr... correction, Wrathchild.

What about Alexander The Wrathchild?

"Near to the East, in a part of ancient Greece,
In an ancient land called Macedonia,
Was born into a scene of angriness and greed,
Of dominance and persecution,
My mother was a queen and my dad I've never seen,
I was never meant to be"

Bruce said the beginning of the show would lead to "social media madness", right?

How cool would it be for them to debut a brand-new Maiden song from a new album they've been working on but have kept completely in the shadows up to now?
Makes me think of Steve‘s cool idea, to record a live album with all new songs...

It's possible "blood Brothers" and "death or Glory" are the new "fotd" and " Iron Maiden". These two reunion songs may be permanent fixtures in any and all future set lists. I'd bet those two show up. Even a better chance of these than wrathchild....

Having said that, The Clansman might go down pretty raucously in Aberdeen if they do play it...

You got your flag ready, @Black Wizard?
The_Union_Jack_Flag_MOD_45153521.jpg

- Hallowed Be Thy Name
- Run To the Hills
- Flight of Icarus

I'd prefer some "actual" opener, but I wouldn't mind if they played RTTH early in the set. Just get it out of the way, haha. :D And why not Hallowed too, like they did in 90/91 and 2003.

It's possible "blood Brothers" and "death or Glory" are the new "fotd" and " Iron Maiden". These two reunion songs may be permanent fixtures in any and all future set lists. I'd bet those two show up. Even a better chance of these than wrathchild....

Blood Brothers has become somewhat of a live staple, so yeah, why not. I doubt Death or Glory though.

Should they give FOTD some rest it arguably needs, I'd definitely welcome Brave New World or the mentioned Blood Brothers to take it's place. But it seems that FOTD isn't going anywhere. In that case, I hope the "fresh approach" will be interesting enough.

I don't see Maiden ever doing DOG again since Bruce can't sing it very well.

I can see them opening with either BQOBD or The Wickerman. I reckon the following songs will also be included....

Flight of Icarus
The Clansman
Heaven Can Wait
Ghost of the Navigator
FTGGOG
possibly...hopefully ATG
HBTN

Add in the usual set staples and we've got a pretty good set list.

My guess is that they will play FOI as the first song. It is a hit and they haven't played it in decades. That's why Bruce thinks it will cause "social media madness"

Great way to start the gig though would be the 3 first POM songs in row.

Why does everyone think they will play FTGGOG? Overlong song with repetitive strained chorus. My bet is Paschendale of reunion epics.

I've listened to The Man Who Would Be King and I remembered that is in the game soundtrack, so guys, how good are the chances that song to be played live :p

When the album was released back in 2010 from the start I liked a lot TMWWBK and Starblind, but recently I do not like the first one, that much. Though, it contains one of the best intro in the Maiden discography !
Also, I think it is not a good idea for this song to appear between two long epics (The Talisman and WTWWB ), it kinda lose its momentum - the song itself is over 8 minutes and I remember that on an interview Dave had said that the song is combination of two songs that he had written in that time. A short rocker (like Deja-Vu for example) about 4-5 minutes long would've been the perfect choice between the two long songs !

I also don't like some improvisations in the solo of certain songs on TFF album, particularly in IOA, Starblind and TMWWBK ! The title songs is weak and El Dorado should had been more short and more fast song !

* Honestly, I like Isle Of Avalon a lot - great bass, build up/atmosphere and celtic melodies on that song !

Last edited:
Yes, I think this is a strong argument for playing it this tour... ::)
An even stronger argument for opening with it.

Which Seventh Son songs do you think we will get? Evil is surely getting played, I fear we might get Madness as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back