Language topic

Could alternatively use one of the languages that don't have articles at all, there are many of them.

The article often survives in some way, even if it's not immediately recognisable.

Here's the source:

You will see that they don't take countries where English is the first language into account. They're only rating people who took their EF English Proficiency test, which is targeted at non-native speakers. So no, they're not saying the Dutch speak better English than the Brits or Americans.
Still, I bet expressions like "*I would of went there if I was you" were invented by native speakers/writers. ;)

Learn Russian--the most complicated language ever seen. There are no articles at all.

No articles is something that makes it simpler, imo. Turkish doesn't have articles either.

Difficult to say what the most complicated language is, but I highly doubt Russian is more complicated than, say, Cantonese.

Russian tough? Not for a Slav. Not for any kind of Indo-European speaker, to an extent I suppose.

Well, no idea what that's supposed to mean I'm afraid. Not familiar with current Russian slang

Last edited:
My cat marking a territory? Yes.
That Russian sentence? I have no idea. We thankfully aren't under the Russian control anymore so I don't need to know.
The control is back, as no one can do without it. Обсцикать--is an obsolete form.
But I think Standard Modern Russian is the hardest among living languages, at least among the Indo-European.

Back