Judgement of Heaven

How good is Judgement of Heaven on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Judgement Of Heaven' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'judgement Of Heaven'

Judgement of Heaven? 5 stars!

Now some of you people might already know that X Factor is right up there when it comes to my favorite albums. And that's not only because it contains brilliant songs, but it also has huge personal reasons - and Judgement of Heaven is no exception there.

The whole X Factor album really helped me alot when my father died 6 years ago. I was 12 back then, and I can tell you it was not easy for me to get along with it. I started to keep away from any kind of social life, I just sat in my room feeling depressed. It got really bad, so bad that I eventually ended up in a youth psychiatry. But even the doctors and social workers there couldn't help me, I was just kept in my very own little world, where noone could enter... noone except this british guys known as Iron Maiden. I started listening to the X Factor whole day, and Judgement of Heaven was the song that really got me hooked - First there was that great bass chord intro, which although the song is rather moody gives a glimpse of hope (at least it did for me). And well, to tell you the truth, Blaze singing these five lines
"I've been depressed so long
It's hard to remember when I was happy
I've felt like suicide a dozen times or more
But that's the easy way That's the selfish way
The hardest part is to get on with your life"
these lines actually kept me fighting, and it might be quite possible that I'd have just given up without this song.
I guess that was the moment where Blaze and Steve got "idols" to me... and where I turned to be the little Freaky you all know today

to sum it up: I love this song, as well as the rest of The X Factor

'judgement Of Heaven'

that's a very cool story. txf helped me get over a great separation for me. look for the truth was a song i could really relate to! it will forever be my fav album. hang in there freaky!

'judgement Of Heaven'

I completly agree with Maidenfreak, I personaly have never been depressed, but I understand that his point. This song is the most "perfetc" to heal brokens souls. The bass hope-intro, the drumming doing like a heratbeat and the harmonies are just perfect. Add to this a superb vocal line and we get Judgement of Heaven !

'judgement Of Heaven'

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Apr 11 2004, 02:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Apr 11 2004, 02:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
"I've been depressed so long
It's hard to remember when I was happy
I've felt like suicide a dozen times or more
But that's the easy way That's the selfish way
The hardest part is to get on with your life"
these lines actually kept me fighting, and it might be quite possible that I'd have just given up without this song.
to sum it up: I love this song, as well as the rest of The X Factor [/quote]
I totally agree on this, it was the same for me. When life is though I always listen to this song, it will make me feel better. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'judgement Of Heaven'

I completely agree to everything already said here - it's a great song with a very good message of hope. Still I don't really get how the chorus fits to the verses. Perhaps that's a personal thing, I don't believe in a kind of God sitting in Heaven and judging about my life. But then again, who knows?

Daily Song: Judgement of Heaven

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Judgement of Heaven

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.
The lyrics to this song are brilliant, but I am not the biggest fan of the riff; yet it is touching, in its own way. I don't think this song is great, super, super, fantastic. Once it gets going, it rocks pretty hard. Still, it is not a "classic". 8/10.

Re: Daily Song: Judgement of Heaven

This song starts a bit awkward and when it gets heavy I'm still not that over the moon by it, but as soon as Blaze sings ...If you could live your life again.. it gets really good. Catchy verse, nice chorus and right after Dave's speedy solo we get the best part: a super guitar melody!

It really shines without an accompanying rhythm guitar. The only other thing we hear are the fairly simple drums with the pumping bass. But it works perfectly!

Soon it turns into a harmony, and another great melody returns, which Blaze joins.

This is the one but best Maiden w/Blaze album song which was never played:

A low 9.

I agree with Foro that the beginning is awkward, but it soon gets pretty good, but I think the thin production on the guitars really hurt this one.  With fuller production it could have sounded much better and heavier.  Low 9 from me as well.

8. A different kind of song, but with amazing lyrics and those fucking breathtaking melodies in the middle section. Funny, it's not a classic for me, too, and is my least fave on the album, but it's great, anyway. :edmetal:

5 out of 10... For me, this tune is among the weakest Iron Maiden songs ever. Not much else to say...

The only song that grabbed me the first time I listened to The X Factor. Its musical accessibility is a necessary component to the album, especially since it fits in well lyrically. It’s not a terribly original composition, but it is catchy, particularly the phenomenal melodic part of the instrumental break. Seven
The X Factor appears to be doing very well so far.
I count 153 votes cast, and more than 80 per cent of them are seven or higher.
Take out the mediocre scores for Look For The Truth and it's way higher than that.

This is another The X Factor song that I used to love a lot more before, especially when I first got the album.  I mostly agree with what Foro said, though I don't like it quite as much.  A low 8.

When listening to it right now, I think the song is really good, but there are some things that nag me a little:

- Blaze's singing once the song becomes heavy, is not among his finest on the album. At times I think he tries to go too low and loses power, so it sounds like he's mumbling rather than singing. In the beginning and during the chorus, though, I have no problem with the singing.

- The drumming is monotonous and not at all among Nicko's more exciting contributions.

Still, the lyrics and the various guitar melodies present in the song, along with a damn good solo, makes for a song which is good, all in all. 8/10.

taker64 said:
5 out of 10... For me, this tune is among the weakest Iron Maiden songs ever. Not much else to say...

Same goes for me, I like the verses and chorus though, but the melody is just... blah!

5/10.

I found this one of the most accessible tracks on the album during early listens, with its catchy chorus. The rest of the album has since caught up in my estimation, and although I now think this track's among the album's worst, that's against a high standard here. 6/10

6. Blaze sounds like he's mumbling and not even trying. The song simply doesn't excite me. I almost always skip this when I play The X Factor. :down:

There is some brilliant moments in this track but some mediocre parts as well. Overall, 6/10.

I dig the way Blaze end the choruses with a shout. Shows to me he is really into this one. The chorus is great as are the classic trademark maiden harmonies.

Back