Judas Priest

You can't seriously think that having Andy fuckin' Sneap on stage is more entertaining than having K.K. Downing?
Not really fair to Richie to make him switch to playing Glenn’s parts, and I can’t imagine K.K. agreeing to switch to playing Glenn’s parts.

Perhaps K-K-K-Ken’s Judas Priest Experience can book the Cathcart Towers hotel instead.

Not really fair to Richie to make him switch to playing Glenn’s parts, and I can’t imagine K.K. agreeing to switch to playing Glenn’s parts.
I do agree with this point. Perhaps they could alter with some different guitarist combinations for some tracks, always having 1 guitarist for KK/Richie's parts and one for Glenn/Andy's parts. Or even 3 guitarists at the same time.

After all of the shittalking KK has been doing about the band I can’t seriously believe anyone would think they would be open to having him back on. He made his bed and he can jolly well lie in it too.
It's not about a full reinstallment of him in the band. With his history, his lengthy participation, it is not that crazy to be involved in the 50 years celebration.

There's going to be one hell of a ladder built for KK to climb down.
…from the defenders of the faith monster to the stage. :edmetal:
I think everybody can play in a show like that. Ritchie and Andy Sneap the main set list and KK and Glenn could play the encore. Even Les Binks and Ripper Owens could play a couple of songs. Look Helloween: 3 guitar players…(could be 4 with Roland Grapow) and 2 singers

Rob talking about the lyrics to Raw Deal; this is a song I had a hard time understanding him before the internet finally revealed the official lyrics:

Rob talking about the lyrics to Raw Deal; this is a song I had a hard time understanding him before the internet finally revealed the official lyrics:

I still remember how a significant number of Judas Priest fans were surprised (and in some cases disappointed) when Rob came out in 1998. It was pretty clear since the early days and Raw Deal has loads of references about it!

The lyrics of Raw Deal do not leave that much open to interpretation (The Spike in NY was a gay bar, Fire Island was an area renowned for its gay scene, the references to the leather guys, etc.). Rob gets extra points for demanding human rights for the gay community back in 1977.

I made The Spike about nine o'clock on a Saturday,
All eyes hit me as I walked into the door
The steely leather guys were foolin' with the denim dudes,
A couple cards played rough stuff, New York, Fire Island.

I cased the joint; straining at the scenes,
I moseyed up to the counter and the tender came a-grinnin',
I snapped the smile off his face and scowled "Give me a bourbon".
The mirror on the wall was collecting and reflecting
All the heavy bodies ducking, stealing eager for some action.
The scene screwed me up, I saw some contact.
Then there he was... saw me and knew that...

I'd had too much, floating around...
Statues alive, seconds are hours...

Sex is like a hurricane,
It ravages and shatters!
I was barely holding on to this flying body symphony,
I guess I dream in pictures, not colours.
The true free expression I demand is human rights - right!

I gave my life, I am immortal!

Love knoweth no laws.
Love knoweth no laws.
Love knoweth no laws.
Nightmare, just a bunch of goddamn, rotten, steaming, raw!

Maybe for those who know what The Spike & Fire Island were, the 1st verse would have made sense; I had no clue what they were; no wonder I was having trouble deciphering that 1st verse

Richie Faulkner has already taken over most of Glenn's parts, i.e the "complicated" solos, which were Glenn's most of the time. At worst, they would have to switch sides on stage.

Maybe for those who know what The Spike & Fire Island were, the 1st verse would have made sense; I had no clue what they were; no wonder I was having trouble deciphering that 1st verse

Even without the references to The Spike and Fire Island the message is pretty obvious...

Rob has said that Priest will go into writing sessions for the new album in early 2020.

Their 50th Anniversary tour will start 30 May next year and will go until 7 December (info is from their site). And according to Rob they will continue it through 2021. So they will have plenty of time from early next year to May to write (and probably record) the album. 7 months on the road next year is great.

He also said that he doesn't rule out former Priest members joining them on stage during the 50th Anniversary tour.

"Doesn't rule out" means no KK, no Ripper. Might have Glenn do a song now and then, but would not get my hopes up. Parkinson is a progressive condition.

Rob has said that Priest will go into writing sessions for the new album in early 2020.

Their 50th Anniversary tour will start 30 May next year and will go until 7 December (info is from their site). And according to Rob they will continue it through 2021. So they will have plenty of time from early next year to May to write (and probably record) the album. 7 months on the road next year is great.

He also said that he doesn't rule out former Priest members joining them on stage during the 50th Anniversary tour.

Damn, so no North American dates until early 2021?

Are the tour dates supporting Ozzy part of the 50th anniversary celebrations???

Back