Judas Priest

As a recent Priest convert, I can say that the 75 minute set they played opening for Deep Purple was a much more exciting, fun gig than the 105 minute gig they played earlier this year full of deep cuts and lame 70s song choices. So, from that respect: I'd love to see Priest open for Maiden.

But Maiden doesn't have 75 minute openers. So, we'd either have a co-headlining tour (which doesn't make sense because Maiden alone can sell out the same kinds of sheds they'd end up booking for these types of gigs) or a 45-55 min Priest set (which still sounds lame). I don't really want to see a 75 minute Maiden set anyway, and I'm sure Rod wouldn't consider it worth it.

Anyway…

During an appearance earlier today (Tuesday, November 12) on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation", Harris was asked for his opinion on a hypothetical MAIDEN/PRIEST pairing. He responded: "It's funny because I saw [Halford's comments in the media] myself. And also, apparently someone today said that [JUDAS PRIEST bassist] Ian Hill said something about it as well. So, I don't know. I suppose the management has gotta get their heads together and [make] something like that [happen]. But, yeah, why not? I suppose the fans can push for it to happen. But we'll see."

It would be great…but I don't need to push it for it happens. Tell me where and when to push for the f***ing new album and I will LOL

It's interesting that Steve said he loves Point Of Entry album:

"I have lots of good memories," he said. "And I really love that album, 'Point Of Entry'. Some people don't think it's their favorite PRIEST album. But I suppose 'cause we were on tour with PRIEST when they were supporting it, I really liked it."

I am Point of Entry defender. I like that album at 70%

I think it's one of the worst albums in Priest discography and it's the weakest album from the 80's era of the band. The 3 best songs without any doubt are HOTTH, Hot Rockin' and Desert Plains - great classic Priest songs. Other than that, Turning Circles is a good fun song.

I think they failed on this album, because they wanted to make British Steel 2 (if you like) and they went for a too commercial sounding songs.

Steve was asked his opinion on a radio show. All he said was "Why not?" which is basically a diplomatic response. He was never going to come out and dismiss the idea out of respect for Judas Priest. A co-headline tour isn't going to happen. Iron Maiden don't do 75 minute shows and Judas Priest simply aren't big enough to command equal status with Iron Maiden. If they can't co-headline with Ozzy Osbourne then they certainly won't be co-headlining with Iron Maiden. I suppose they could be the main support act on a few stadium shows like Alter Bridge are next year in Europe - and Alter Bridge are a significantly bigger band than Judas Priest are in 2019.

Judas Priest need to be headlining their own shows in front of their own hardcore fans, not playing second fiddle to a washed up skeleton of a man or being eclipsed by Iron Maiden. Just let it go.

I think it's one of the worst albums in Priest discography and it's the weakest album from the 80's era of the band. The 3 best songs without any doubt are HOTTH, Hot Rockin' and Desert Plains - great classic Priest songs. Other than that, Turning Circles is a good fun song.

I think they failed on this album, because they wanted to make British Steel 2 (if you like) and they went for a too commercial sounding songs.
I also like Solar Angels, Don't go & all the way :D . The longest song is Desert Plains 4:30 so yes, they followed the commercial direction.

Last edited:
Steve was asked his opinion on a radio show. All he said was "Why not?" which is basically a diplomatic response. He was never going to come out and dismiss the idea out of respect for Judas Priest. A co-headline tour isn't going to happen. Iron Maiden don't do 75 minute shows and Judas Priest simply aren't big enough to command equal status with Iron Maiden. If they can't co-headline with Ozzy Osbourne then they certainly won't be co-headlining with Iron Maiden. I suppose they could be the main support act on a few stadium shows like Alter Bridge are next year in Europe - and Alter Bridge are a significantly bigger band than Judas Priest are in 2019.

Judas Priest need to be headlining their own shows in front of their own hardcore fans, not playing second fiddle to a washed up skeleton of a man or being eclipsed by Iron Maiden. Just let it go.
I agree

Judas Priest need to be headlining their own shows in front of their own hardcore fans, not playing second fiddle to a washed up skeleton of a man

I saw them do exactly that in 2018, and Ozzy blew them off the stage. And Priest were decent with a lot of tracks I was surprised to see.

Let's be fair, they've never really been great live.

Rod to Rob: OK Rob…This is the thing: We accept you as support band but with just one condition
Steve just want you to play the whole Point of Entry album becuase he really likes it…no encore XD

I saw them do exactly that in 2018, and Ozzy blew them off the stage. And Priest were decent with a lot of tracks I was surprised to see.

Let's be fair, they've never really been great live.
Maybe Ozzy didn't want them to play better than him and his band and switch off some things on the PA and lightning. It has not been the only time

Maybe Ozzy didn't want them to play better than him and his band and switch off some things on the PA and lightning. It has not been the only time

Ozzy is not much different than Priest in that sometimes he's good and sometimes he's bad. On that night he was good. And his band are always good.

I don't think there was any sabotage involved, as like I said I had enjoyed Priest. It was a festival bill as well, and Priest weren't even second on the bill.

I've seen them live 5 times, two out of those times Priest weren't great. And on three out of those occassions other bands on the bill blew them off the stage (Scorpions, Kiss and Ozzy).

Back