Judas Priest

Apparently K.K. Downing's book divulges his resignation letter, which includes the words "One of the main reasons I'm leaving is that I've hated you two [Glenn Tipton and band manager Jayne Andrews] ever since 1985." At least that is what Dave Ling mentions in his diary (entry for 8th October 2018).

Loads of things (e.g. Mikhail Gorbachev became the General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party), but the only one that I can think of with any K.K. Downing relevance is their Live Aid appearance.

I guess I'll have to read the book to find out, eh?

I guess I'll have to read the book to find out, eh?

I cannot possibly comment on that, as I have not read the book myself. I was not being a smart-arse, only posting the information shared by Dave Ling. ;)

@Forostar is apparently already in the Defenders of the Faith era, so the hatred should start pretty soon. :D

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on this article, Kal?

I'm glad you ask Wiz. There are not a single song from this era which deserves to be played live again. Priest really lost their essence in this period and became from a traditional heavy metal band to a thrash metal band... which was a really bad move IMO.
And more importantly, what are Kenny's thoughts on Kalata's thoughts on this article?

It is what it is, you know.

Last edited:
And speaking of Ripper, the man himself will be touring the US with The Three Tremors. If any of you have nothing better to do in March and April.

Feb. 14 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Feb. 15 - Denver, CO - Herman's Hideaway
Feb. 16 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick
Feb. 17 - Santa Ana, CA - Malones
Feb. 18 - Hollywood, CA - Whiskey a Go Go
Mar. 01 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Loft
Mar. 02 - Wilmington, DE - Bar XIII
Mar. 03 - Clifton, NJ - Dingbatz
Mar. 04 - New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre
Mar. 05 - Niagra Falls, NY - Evening Star Music Hall
Mar. 07 - Racine, WI - Route 20
Mar. 08 - Joliet, IL - The Forge
Mar. 09 - Westland, MI - Token Lounge
Mar. 10 - Louisville, KY - Tiger Room
Mar. 11 - Pittsburgh, PA - The Crafthouse Stage and Grill

:lol:

And more importantly, what are Kenny's thoughts on Kalata's thoughts on this article?
oh-my-god-they-killed-kenny-you-bastards-1.png
?

Back