Judas Priest

Edington

Let's Get Volatile
Got KK's book for Christmas, started it last night. So far, so good. I'm only a couple of chapters in, he's only just picked up the guitar. Pretty crazy what he went through with his Dad. KK also made an interesting comment about how the "past of least resistance was always the most attractive" to him, obviously that'll come into play when he joins - and eventually leaves - Priest.

LooseCannon

Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
If the book continues to get decent reviews, I'll likely grab it as well. No problem with helping KK out a bit.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Apparently K.K. Downing's book divulges his resignation letter, which includes the words "One of the main reasons I'm leaving is that I've hated you two [Glenn Tipton and band manager Jayne Andrews] ever since 1985." At least that is what Dave Ling mentions in his diary (entry for 8th October 2018).

Perun

Academic
Staff member
Loads of things (e.g. Mikhail Gorbachev became the General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party), but the only one that I can think of with any K.K. Downing relevance is their Live Aid appearance.
I guess I'll have to read the book to find out, eh?

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I guess I'll have to read the book to find out, eh?
I cannot possibly comment on that, as I have not read the book myself. I was not being a smart-arse, only posting the information shared by Dave Ling. ;)

@Forostar is apparently already in the Defenders of the Faith era, so the hatred should start pretty soon. :D

Last edited:

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
What are your thoughts on this article, Kal?
I'm glad you ask Wiz. There are not a single song from this era which deserves to be played live again. Priest really lost their essence in this period and became from a traditional heavy metal band to a thrash metal band... which was a really bad move IMO.
And more importantly, what are Kenny's thoughts on Kalata's thoughts on this article?
It is what it is, you know.

Last edited: