Judas Priest

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Perun, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Try buying them now with the code NOSURRENDER

I found it on reddit and it worked for me!

2. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Some bands I'd be happy to sit for, such as Dream Theater, but it must kill the atmosphere for many other bands if the floor is all seats.

3. Collin

Collin Miasma

The show I'm going to has their own presale run through the resort. You actually have to buy tickets through the the resorts website.

Yeah I absolutely prefer the pit, I don't normally do seats. I probably won't get to see Priest again, so if I have to sit in order to see them, then I'm okay with that.

4. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Some of the people seating might be more active than some of the musicians on stage. :D

Collin likes this.
  5. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Wait until you get to the age of some of us... :lol:

Joking aside, I sometimes buy seats (e.g. Iron Maiden first nights at the O2 in 2011, 2017, 2018; I had standing tickets for the second night on all cases) but end up standing with the rest of the audience. Other times seats are the only option, like when I saw Rush in London in 2012.

terrell39 likes this.
  6. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I mean, I'll get seats if I can't do standing.

7. Collin

Collin Miasma

Weird, I did the presale this morning and it turns out it was indeed a GA floor show. I could have swore it was an entirely seated show.

Oh well, I bought floor tickets and will be attending Judas Priest for the first time! :edmetal:

8. LooseCannon

Can't go wrong with Priest. I had a great time when I saw them this year.

Collin likes this.
  9. MrKnickerbocker

I’m fine with seats, honestly. I haven’t been to a GA show in the last 10 years where people weren’t straight up idiots (pushing or shoving during ballads, kicking folks in the head while crowd surfing, spilling beer on me) and it all gets pretty old.

There’s definitely something to be said for the energy of being in a GA section (hence why I’m looking forward to the pit for Maiden next summer), but there’s also something to be said for showing up 5 mins before the band hits the stage and not having to fight for a spot.

Stephen Hardcastle and terrell39 like this.
  10. LooseCannon

I've never been kicked in the head. At Heavy Montreal there was some guy crowd surfing in a kilt with no underwear on, though.

Night Prowler likes this.
  11. Black Wizard

:puke:

Night Prowler and Collin like this.
  12. LooseCannon

I didn't see it myself, but I heard about it from the security guys after Gloryhammer, apparently one guy ended up with a face full of "stinky day-2 metal festival testes" to quote the other security guy.

13. Collin

Collin Miasma

You should really try for FTTB if that’s not what you’re doing already.

I’ve been kicked in the head several times and physically assaulted by a little person in the pit. That was all at a Machine Head show. At a Maiden show after I caught a drumstick from Nicko I stuck it down my pants so no one would grab it, that didn’t work. A woman in her 50s decided to stick her hands in my pants to retrieve the stick. I was a bit traumatized but I managed to keep the drumstick. There’s definitely pros and cons to GA.

This might be a cool thread idea...

14. MrKnickerbocker

Oh, I'm definitely going to try for it!

Collin likes this.
  15. Collin

Collin Miasma

If you get it, you will want to be early. Like 2pm at the very least. I just noticed what you said about showing up 5 minutes beforehand.

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  16. LooseCannon

You need to hang out with me in GA, nobody fucks with me or my people. Then again, I've never been to a Machine Head show.

Collin likes this.
  17. Collin

Collin Miasma

They bring in a weird crowd. A really weird crowd. I won’t be going back.

18. phantomoftheicarus

phantomoftheicarus Beelzebub

I remember someone getting dropped on their head during the Southampton show, violent people

19. Black Wizard

Knuckle daggers and meatheads.

20. Collin

Collin Miasma

Tweakers and Fred Durst fans.