Judas Priest

I’m fine with seats, honestly. I haven’t been to a GA show in the last 10 years where people weren’t straight up idiots (pushing or shoving during ballads, kicking folks in the head while crowd surfing, spilling beer on me) and it all gets pretty old.

There’s definitely something to be said for the energy of being in a GA section (hence why I’m looking forward to the pit for Maiden next summer), but there’s also something to be said for showing up 5 mins before the band hits the stage and not having to fight for a spot.

There’s definitely something to be said for the energy of being in a GA section (hence why I’m looking forward to the pit for Maiden next summer)
You should really try for FTTB if that’s not what you’re doing already.

I've never been kicked in the head. At Heavy Montreal there was some guy crowd surfing in a kilt with no underwear on, though.
I’ve been kicked in the head several times and physically assaulted by a little person in the pit. That was all at a Machine Head show. At a Maiden show after I caught a drumstick from Nicko I stuck it down my pants so no one would grab it, that didn’t work. A woman in her 50s decided to stick her hands in my pants to retrieve the stick. I was a bit traumatized but I managed to keep the drumstick. There’s definitely pros and cons to GA.

This might be a cool thread idea...

I’ve been kicked in the head several times and physically assaulted by a little person in the pit. That was all at a Machine Head show. At a Maiden show after I caught a drumstick from Nicko I stuck it down my pants so no one would grab it, that didn’t work. A woman in her 50s decided to stick her hands in my pants to retrieve the stick. I was a bit traumatized but I managed to keep the drumstick. There’s definitely pros and cons to GA.
You need to hang out with me in GA, nobody fucks with me or my people. Then again, I've never been to a Machine Head show.

Thirded. This summer was my first time seeing Priest, they only played a little over an hour, and I went into it with low expectations. They were fantastic.

For those who have seen priest lately, how were they live? I’m tempted to go see them and tickets go on sale next week
Fourthed. Loved them in Ottawa, mostly Rob was on point, faltered at the end. Ritchie alone is worth the price of admission, he's fucking awesome.

Back