Judas Priest

Some might say the Trooper VIP package was no better. Yes it mainly promoted the beer but it was sold as a party to mingle with other avid fans and you got a lot of swag. If lucky Rod or Nicko would drop in for a bit. It wasn't sold as a "meet n greet". I bet some careless Priest fans will get one thinking they will meet the band.

Edit: I can't remember. Did it also include early entry? Kinda like FTTB?

Last edited:
Some might say the Trooper VIP package was no better. Yes it mainly promoted the beer but it was sold as a party to mingle with other avid fans and you got a lot of swag. If lucky Rod or Nicko would drop in for a bit. It wasn't sold as a "meet n greet". I bet some careless Priest fans will get one thinking they will meet the band.
It's the "meet and greet" language that really screws it. Fans are definitely going to think they're meeting Rob Halford.

Yeah the "Backstage Experience" will confuse some for sure.

images

Invincible Shield track listing, if anyone missed it, not that it suggests much.

1. "Panic Attack"
2. "The Serpent and the King"
3. "Invincible Shield"
4. "Devil in Disguise"
5. "Gates of Hell"
6. "Crown of Horns"
7. "As God Is My Witness"
8. "Trial by Fire"
9. "Escape From Reality"
10. "Sons of Thunder"
11. "Giants in the Sky"

Invincible Shield track listing, if anyone missed it, not that it suggests much.

1. "Panic Attack"
2. "The Serpent and the King"
3. "Invincible Shield"
4. "Devil in Disguise"
5. "Gates of Hell"
6. "Crown of Horns"
7. "As God Is My Witness"
8. "Trial by Fire"
9. "Escape From Reality"
10. "Sons of Thunder"
11. "Giants in the Sky"
Plus 3 bonus songs:

12.Fight Of Your Life
13.Vicious Circle
14.The Lodger

I expected more than 11 songs given the last 2 albums, but the quality is important and I like the titles. Especially the last 3 songs and #5 and #2.

A short promo teaser was also released. Probably from the next single. It sounds like vintage Priest from the early 80's but with Painkiller-type of vocals... not sure I like them now, and they will be difficult for Rob live. It also reminds me of KK's Priest of all things.

Last edited:
And this warrior from the teaser (the same one that can be found in the booklet, but with an iron mask) would have been the perfect ''defender'' of the Invincible Shield on the album cover! I like it a lot. One of my favorite arts by Priest. Great work and a nice surprise.

Now I'm more curious about the title track and its theme/story.

:rocker:

is warrior.png

Woah! I dig that teaser.
Such energetic songs are always cool. It wouldn't sound out of place in Painkiller or Rob's debut metal solo album. Maybe it will be this album's ''Firepower''. I have to say I like Rob's deeper voice more now and I'm a bit surprised by such vocals for this album, not by the style of the song.
Overall, I'm really happy with what Priest are doing for their latest albums - clean production, bonus songs (the previous album could have had too; I have a feeling that at least one of them will be album-worthy material. Look at this, Bruce), rich booklets with arts, additional covers/artworks for the albums.

The singles are also clever - anthemic song, mid-tempo song and now a classic fast metal song.

About the warrior (again, Mark Wilkinson style methinks) - I understand that they don't want to repeat themselves with all these winged warriors on their covers, but if this was the album cover, it would have been one of their all time best (colour-wise too, it doesn't even need a background). The ''creatures'' from their covers fit them great. I want to see the full artwork. But it doesn't need to be in full length, it could be something like Saxon's debut album cover - a close up view of the warrior with the shield. Or maybe they didn't want a warrior figure again, but I don't see how the original cover (which is not that bad) is better. Maybe they went for a 70's Priest cover vibe with it. Richie used ''Sinner'' as an example of album's style, after all.

God they are so cheap and cringe.
Isn't this their entire appeal? ;)

Seriously, though, I only just got around to listening to Trial By Fire and liking that song lots. I'm getting a strong hint of Faulkner influence in the songwriting again here.

Same Priest sound as ever, but sounding fresh and alive. Nice artwork too. I'm a lot happier about spending on seeing them live next year now.

OMG!!! There’s going to be a song with Painkiller style vocals!!! Even though KK’s Priest has given us a really great taste of that which I am loving. It will be great to hear Rob screaming like that again though.

If this is a source for this info, the songs lengths are:

- the title track is 6:21
- Crown Of Horns and Giants In The Sky are 5:45 and 5:03
- Sons Of Thunder is 2:58 (the next single?)
- all other songs are from 4:19 to 4:44

The bonus songs are: one 4 minute song and two 3:00/3:46 minutes songs.

I expected a slightly longer songs (given Richie's comments), but it's cool. I think they will be interesting with different parts. Now I'm looking forward the most to the title track and the last song. It was about time they did a longer title track again.

Back