Judas Priest

Yeah, I'll happily take the new single. Nothing terribly original here - we are talking about Priest after all - but a ton of energy, lively guitars, and a ready made air-punch chorus. I like their current production lots, they used to sound incredibly dated.

I was a bit taken aback by the ticket prices, but with energetic new material there should be a good set.

I mean Priest is no Maiden when it comes to unique intros but from what I've heard, I will put it in my top 5 intros by Judas Priest:

1. The Hellion/Electric Eye
2. Let Us Prey/Call For The Priest
3. Rock Hard Ride Free
4. Panic Attack
5. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll

It is quite possible that the new album will be diverse. Firepower was also quite varied, but you certainly could say it's in the vein of Painkiller. We'll see.
I expect the new album to be more varied than Firepower, which was not that varied (it was classic Priest + modern style).
I don't think I'd say that. Ritchie's leads are much different to most of the stuff on Firepower. And it's why Redeemer of Souls failed, since it was very much an attempt to make a "by the numbers" album.
Agreed about Richie's leads to an extent, but I think Redeemer Of Souls was more varied than Firepower. Songs like Sword, Valhalla, Cold Blooded, Crossfire and even Secrets.
That, and demo level production. There is a small number killer songs on there, while at least 1/3 of the tracks aren’t album worthy material (yet the bonus track Tears of Blood was one of the album highlights).
The production is not good enough (especially compared to Sneap's productions), but I like the rough sounding guitars. And yeah, half of the album is with not that strong songs. ''Tears Of Blood'' should have been on the album. What a great song.

I mean Priest is no Maiden when it comes to unique intros but from what I've heard, I will put it in my top 5 intros by Judas Priest:

3. Rock Hard Ride Free
4. Panic Attack
Hellion is spectacular, and has caused some debate before about is it an intro/standalone piece ;)

The Panic Attack intro is something I'm still not 100% sure about, especially the very electronic bit

Rob's higher notes sound better than ever on this new song imo. Live, the situation is a bit different, but in the studio (both Firepower and the new album I'm sure) he sounds great. Better than his vocals on Redeemer Of Souls.

3. Rock Hard Ride Free
4. Panic Attack
Panic Attack's intro is cool (especially with the main riff and the drumming), but I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite intros of the band. The electronic bit is still odd.

My favorite JP intros are: Guardians/Rising From Ruins, Traitors Gate, Battle Cry, Hellrider, Painkiller, Metal Meltdown, Blood Red Skies, Jawbreaker, Rock Hard Ride Free, The Sentinel, The Hellion/Electric Eye, Fever, Heading Out To The Highway, Living After Midnight, Beyond The Realms Of Death and Genocide(live).

Last edited:
Panic Attack's intro is cool (especially with the main riff and the drumming), but I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite intros of the band. The electronic bit is still odd.

My favorite JP intros are: Guardians/Rising From Ruins, Traitors Gate, Battle Cry, Hellrider, Painkiller, Metal Meltdown, Blood Red Skies, Jawbreaker, Rock Hard Ride Free, The Sentinel, The Hellion/Electric Eye, Fever, Heading Out To The Highway, Living After Midnight, Beyond The Realms Of Death and Genocide(live).
Add "Night Crawler" to the mix. ;) This song is an overlooked gem.

I love how loud Heading Out To The Highway sounds when I start it in my car. So powerful and liberating. :cool:

2024 tour w/ Sabaton announced:

2024 tour w/ Sabaton announced:

I would've prefer Saxon or Uriah Heep like on the UK tour, but oh well...

Back