Judas Priest

I've heard "Panic Attack" and "Trial by Fire" back to back the other day and I must admit I'm looking forward to this one.
I even though of maybe seeing them live (haven't seen them with Faulkner) but:
A ) their touring schedule is all over the (wrong) places
B ) cheapest ticket is 80 euros
C ) Saxon is opening.
That's 3 strikes, they're out.

Crown Of Horns is a nice slow tempo song. It's something ''different'' for the Priest sound now. I like it. Reminds me of ''Worth Fighting For''.

The intro melody is beautiful. Richie strikes again. Another longer intro - which is great. The verses and the chorus are really satisfying.
What I like a lot about Priest's recent style is that they have really improved the melodic verses and especially choruses (the chorus is like Ragnarok's one). They make them more memorable. The heavy riff in the middle is a cool idea and Richie's solo is probably his best so far. So melodic. The different verses in the middle will need some time. In short, it won't be an album highlight, but it's a beautiful, nostalgic and memorable ballad-y (Richie!) song.

Is it bad that now I'm more excited about new Priest album than the mandrake project? :-D

You are not alone!

qC0t9S.gif

Crown Of Horns is a nice slow tempo song. It's something ''different'' for the Priest sound now. I like it. Reminds me of ''Worth Fighting For''.

The intro melody is beautiful. Richie strikes again. Another longer intro - which is great. The verses and the chorus are really satisfying.
What I like a lot about Priest's recent style is that they have really improved the melodic verses and especially choruses (the chorus is like Ragnarok's one). They make them more memorable. The heavy riff in the middle is a cool idea and Richie's solo is probably his best so far. So melodic. The different verses in the middle will need some time. In short, it won't be an album highlight, but it's a beautiful, nostalgic and memorable ballad-y (Richie!) song.

Good song overall. :)

Some guitar histrionics at the start can’t hide that this a dull and tired sounding song.

Yeah I don't dig the intro much, it adds nothing and is a bit self-indulgent. This song will take a little time to grow on me but I think it's a fair bit stronger than.. Trial By Fire, which done so little for me that I couldn't remember what it was called.

Yeah I don't dig the intro much, it adds nothing and is a bit self-indulgent. This song will take a little time to grow on me but I think it's a fair bit stronger than.. Trial By Fire, which done so little for me that I couldn't remember what it was called.
I really liked Trial By Fire. Crown of Thorns was decent, with a good chorus, and good solos - the second one sounds very Glenn, it's definitely written by him, but I'd wager he recorded it too. The two string arpeggio towards the end probably demanded a good day (the picking sounds really tight) and multiple attempts given how frail and slow he looks live. If this is the low base level, then we're in for a treat.

Back