Judas Priest

9aed2c2be857b2dd428fa1ec9c04ab7e.jpg

Is that directed to all fans affected by the cancellation of all shows? :lol:

Rob reveals more of the surprises: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/j...rise-songs-that-fans-may-hear-on-spring-tour/

''We're mixing it up. If you saw us when we came through the St. Louis area last time, we're bringing a different show this time. We've got a different stage set, costumes, lights, and, most importantly, the music. We're bringing out some real beautiful old classics that we haven't played before or we haven't in a long time. So it's gonna be a real treat''. ''We've probably got close to 12 or maybe 15 songs that we're knocking around in the jam room… That's how some of these tracks like 'Killing Machine' [the title track of PRIEST's 1978 album] came out onto the live stage. 'Cause the guys would jam. I was in my room and I'm, like, 'What are they doing? Is that 'Killing Machine'? I haven't heard that in, like, 30 years.' And I go in. I'm, like, 'Yeah. It's 'Killing Machine'. It sounds good. Let's try it out.' And we played it live, and the fans were loving it. So I'm sure we'll put that on the setlist when we come back to St. Louis''.

The other songs that he mentioned are:

Out In The Cold (as he already mentioned it in another interview)
Rapid Fire (they already played it once during this tour)
The Sentinel - YESSS!!! My favorite Priest song ever.
(Take These) Chains :eek: - filler!
.... and it seems that Killing Machine will also stay in the setlist - this song is a filler. DTG is a much better song.

Well, he said ''fans may hear'', but I don't think he mention these songs just to say something. If these are the big surprises then I'll be disappointed. It seems that the only real surprise will be OITC. I hope the new stage set to be better and for more new songs from Firepower.

.... and it seems that Killing Machine will also stay in the setlist - this song is a filler.
Whaaaaaat? Killing machine was the album originally named in UK and the rest of the world except US that they had to change the name to Hell Bent for Leather.
It's a f***ing great song, great riffs that make bang your head

Whaaaaaat? Killing machine was the album originally named in UK and the rest of the world except US that they had to change the name to Hell Bent for Leather.
It's a f***ing great song, great riffs that make bang your head

Sorry but I don't like it. As I said, Delivering The Goods is a much better song - I hope they'll keep it in the setlist.
It has so many other better songs.

I'm not a big fan of Priest albums in the 70's.

Today when I listened to the Ram It Down album (underrated album) I came across this fact:

Although drummer Dave Holland is credited on the album, the band used a drum machine on a majority of the songs.

Is that true? The info is from Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_It_Down
I don't know about the credits but the drum machine is used for sure. At least it sounds like that and I've heard many people say so.

Yes, Downing also talks about it in his book. It's not all the songs and he did not say which songs are drum machine and which are Dave Holland.

Yes, Downing also talks about it in his book. It's not all the songs and he did not say which songs are drum machine and which are Dave Holland.
It’s pretty easy to tell imo. I’ll check later.

I think Dave Holland's health had something to do with using a drum machine, so faster songs like "Ram It Down" and "Hard As Iron" are safe bets.

To my ears, the only song that is without a doubt real drums is Johnny B Goode. Come And Get It and I’m a Rocker are possibly real, but there is so much sample replacement and triggering that it might as well be a drum machine.

Back