Judas Priest

Battle Cry is the stand-out track for me. I was just sorry that it was played on tape on their tour and not played live.

I'm still loving most or Redeemer as well. I agree that Battle Cry is amazing. Mainly because Rob uses a more melodic style to his singing like in Nightcrawler.

Funny, Battle Cry and Secrets of the Dead were easily my least favorites. I'm more into Sword of Damocles, Snakebite, and Tears of Blood. As you can probably tell, I loved the bonus disc.

Never Forget, not only the longest song on the bonus disc, but also on the whole record, is the most dreadful thing they've ever done.

Never Forget, not only the longest song on the bonus disc, but also on the whole record, is the most dreadful thing they've ever done.

I'd have to give that one some thought, but it certainly is dripping with buckets of four-cheese sauce.

Could do without that one, but the other four songs are excellent.

Redeemer is a very decent album. My only complaint really was the rather pedestrian drumming, oh and the production was a bit off. Some of the songs felt like they needed a bit more speed from the drummer to up the pace a bit. Overall though did really like it and it still gets spun every so often.

I really liked Redeemer as a whole. It was only when I saw the band live when I realised... when they switched from the classics to the new Redeemer tracks, those felt very "B" to me, if you know what I mean. I still think the album was good, but considering it's Judas Priest we're talking about, I don't blame those who say it was a tad underwhelming. Painkiller it's not.

Painkiller it's not.
b872752d4a49dd8418ae60ca30bf60ad.jpg

Redeemer is a very decent album. My only complaint really was the rather pedestrian drumming
Yes! This was my biggest problem with the album honestly. It boggles my mind how it's the same drummer who has easily the best drum performance on any Priest album (Painkiller). Did Ian Hill play the drums on this?

I really think the album would've been better received if it had better drums. That sort of thing goes a long way, especially on a Metal album.

Yes! This was my biggest problem with the album honestly. It boggles my mind how it's the same drummer who has easily the best drum performance on any Priest album (Painkiller). Did Ian Hill play the drums on this?

I really think the album would've been better received if it had better drums. That sort of thing goes a long way, especially on a Metal album.

Finally someone agrees with me lol! Amoungst my mates no one but me really picked up on this. The drumming was so basic and so mid tempo. A lot of the songs called for the drums to add a bit of tempo and speed them up a bit. I'm not saying speed up too much but theirs some great riffs on some of the songs yet the overall effect, because of the drumming, makes the songs feel like their plodding along; stuck in treacle or something.

Can't believe it's the same drummer and at times sounds like a drum machine. We'll see what the next albums like and if sounds like the Scott travis of old then I'm calling shenegins and saying something fishy went on with the drumming on redeemer that they've kept quiet about.

Sword of Damocles and Walls of Valhalla may be the best songs Priest have ever written. Definitely looking forward to what they do next. Would love if they go more in the direction of those two songs.

Sword of Damocles and Walls of Valhalla may be the best songs Priest have ever written. Definitely looking forward to what they do next. Would love if they go more in the direction of those two songs.

Halls* of Valhalla. It's good but definitely not the best, imo :D.

I might have to go with that too. If I was to make a top 5, it'd look something like this:

Sword of Damocles
Snakebite
March of the Damned
Hell and Back
Tears of Blood

Judas Priest is awesome! I'm overdue for another Priest show because its been seven years since I saw them. I've seen them four times and I also saw Halford on the Resurrection Tour opening for Queensryche and Iron Maiden.

Beyond the Realms of Death: amazing chilling song with one of Glenn's best solos. Wonder if Les Binks still receives royalties (and how much) for writing the intro guitar piece or if he sold his rights for quick cash years ago :nuts2:

Back