Judas Priest

Right, but not everyone expects random people they've never met to conform to their own norms and values.

A band has built up a big loyal fanbase. People they care about. And vice versa.
Often fans identity themselves with artists they admire. That can work in two directions as well.

But we're not owed their own personal lives. If they want to make it public, good on them. Like Bruce didn't have to make his cancer diagnosis public, for example. He chose to, and I commend him for that. But it doesn't change the fact that it's none of our business unless they want us to be in.

Priest have had an important member leave before, they've seen other bands lose important members or break up. They've learned from their past experiences that sometimes it's best to keep the details private.

On this forum I am perfectly entitled to say that I find it decent that, in the context I just explained, a band explains changes of personal.

If someone thinks otherwise, congratulations. Maybe the Priest management still has jobs to offer.

Last edited:
On this forum I am perfectly entitled to say that I find it decent that, in the context I just explained, a band explains changes of personal.

Yes, you perfectly are. But aren't other people entitled to disagree with you?

Well. Downing was the one who stepped out of the band. Judas Priest released the following statement when that happened:

http://judaspriest.com/News/Doc/KK-Downing-Retirement-Announcement.pdf

Since Downing was he one who pulled the plug on himself, I'm sure Judas Priest wanted him to have his own chance of explaining for himself why he did that. After all, it's not the band's job to explain why someone left them, he can have his own go at that. Which he has done now numerous times in interviews.

I don't see where the issue is?

Disagreeing is fine Loosey.

Downing explained it somewhat a couple of years later. I am not purely attacking the band or KK for not explaining it well when he left, but
Well, the most iconic guitar tandem in metal fell apart after 37 years. The reasons must have been serious, and now, all of sudden, everything has changed?
To make a few bucks with the biggest metal tour of all times.
So you guys find it all very believable that he suddenly comes out of retirement or has the drive again, if it were the biggest tour ever?
He wanted to quit when things went worse, but such a prospect of a successful tour turns everything around?
Integrity my ass.

KK has made a lot of effort out of trying to avoid the "retirement" tag that Priest sorta put on him in that statement. He simply just quit the band to take a break. Not to retire from music forever. he has also done some music since leaving Priest I think? or not?

Maybe now after all these years and perhaps a little bit of boredom I would understand if he suddenly misses playing with Priest again. perhaps he realizes what he had back then better now. But he also said that he probably would never play in Priest again and that they have Ritchie in now...but some music journalists asked him a HYPOTHETICAL question (a dream scenario if you will) what it would take for him to be back in Priest.

I think we're all forgetting an important factor here: KK's state of mind in 2011 compared to now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this period since the Epitaph tour was KK (and the rest of the band)'s longest break from touring since Halford left 20 years ago. We've all heard stories about the road making people crazy, I think it's totally possible that KK was genuinely done with touring when he retired and all this time off has made him miss it. I'm not dismissing the idea that money is a factor or whatever, but why are we assuming the worst when we don't know the whole story? Why be so quick to demonize the bands we love? This is the lighter than air drones thing all over again.

And like Sixes said, it was a hypothetical question, it doesn't even sound like him rejoining is going to realistically happen. They're a little late on that Priest/Maiden/Sabbath tour and if even it did happen, frankly it'd be beyond stupid for KK not to participate.

13043280_10154085984118965_1481071955594713813_n.jpg

From Judas Priest's Facebook.

Rob is in the process of writing lyrics for the upcoming Priest album. I, for one, loved Redeemer, so I'm incredibly excited for this one! :)

Indeed. Redeemer has been a steady grower for me, even if there was a lot of scepticism around when it came out.

It was better than I expected it to be. There isn't anything particularly amazing on it but every song is really solid. production needs work though.

I expected Redeemer to fade. It didn't.
Secrets of the Dead is getting a ton of play for me right now.

Back