Judas Priest

If The X Factor would have been sung by Bruce, people would have considered this record as better than Fear Of The Dark and No Prayer For The Dying united. Virtual XI was like a breath after three very dark albums. It's kind of the Maiden happy metal era which arrived one year before Helloween's dark era. This turnaround on metal scene is quite funny. Maiden music became more luminous, while Helloween's one turned gloomy almost on the same period of time... As I wrote above, VXI was quite like a release for Steve Harris & co after Adrian's and Bruce's departures from the quintet in early 90's and all the troubles that Steve had to cross, plus world's events (the war in Yugoslavia) which did not help the psychological situation of the bass player... Virtual XI is a good album for me, though, this despite its flaws. ;)

Richie Faulkner interview:

He revealed setlist changes for the second US leg and mentioned the following songs: Riding on the Wind, Screaming for Vengeance, Between the Hammer and the Anvil and Never the Heroes, Steeler and You Don't Have to be Old to be Wise.

Now I'm even more excited for the show! I'm gonna fly out out to Boston with my sister. I have GA standing tickets.

Last edited:
He revealed setlist changes for the second US leg and mentioned the following songs: Riding on the Wind, Screaming for Vengeance, Between the Hammer and the Anvil and Never the Heroes, Steeler and You Don't Have to be Old to be Wise.
They want to celebrate the 40th anniversary of SFV, so that's why they will add a couple of songs from this album. Great songs, but for me they should play a song from Nostradamus! (or AOR) instead, since the old classics have been played fairly enough over the years.
''Steeler'' was played on the previous tour and I like the other song from British Steel, but I'll gladly replace them with something from ROS (''Battle Cry'').
I knew they will play (the single) ''Never The Heroes'' sooner or later. It will be a great live song.
''Between The Hammer & The Anvil'' will be a great addition to the set (half of the songs on Painkiller are played on this tour).

The only albums that are not represented during this tour (so far) are: Angel Of Retribution, Nostradamus and the 2 Ripper albums.

I'm looking forward to ''Never The Heroes'' and ''Between The Hammer & The Anvil''. ''Screaming For Vengeance'' is a difficult song to sing live.

Another Richie interview. He mentioned Genocide!
I hope they will play it with an extended intro (like the 1979 live version) - great riffs. Third best song in the album imo (after Victim and Tyrant). The song was last played live in the 80's, iirc.

He also said that they want to have a dynamic setlist and are willing to remove a song just for that.

I hope they will play it with an extended intro (like the 1979 live version) - great riffs. Third best song in the album imo (after Victim and Tyrant). The song was last played live in the 80's, iirc.

I'm sure they will! The Unleashed in the East version is iconic.

Great news. Hope he gets to play on stage with them.

Back