Judas Priest

Priest will have 8 minute slot and they will do a medley. Rob, Ian, Glenn, KK, Richie, Scott and Les Binks.

Richie will also be playing (although he will not be inducted), so Judas Priest with 3 guitars (and 2 drummers)!

Priest will have 8 minute slot and they will do a medley. Rob, Ian, Glenn, KK, Richie, Scott and Les Binks.

Richie will also be playing (although he will not be inducted), so Judas Priest with 3 guitars (and 2 drummers)!
That’ll be something to see!

Sadly, based on the lesser frequency of his concert appearances, my guess is Richie will be mostly covering Glenn’s parts with the latter guitar only turned on sporadically.

That’ll be something to see!

Sadly, based on the lesser frequency of his concert appearances, my guess is Richie will be mostly covering Glenn’s parts with the latter guitar only turned on sporadically.
I think you're right. It will be interesting if we'll see some solos (from KK and Glenn, I guess) because 8 minutes long medley is too short. To see KK with the band again even for just a few minutes will be special.

I hate to say it because he was such a clown when he left the band, but KK back in Priest is probably the only realistic thing that would have me interested in seeing them live again. Last time (Firepower tour) it was kind of pathetic.

I hate to say it because he was such a clown when he left the band, but KK back in Priest is probably the only realistic thing that would have me interested in seeing them live again. Last time (Firepower tour) it was kind of pathetic.
I saw two of the Firepower shows. The first one when they opened for Deep Purple and it was absolutely stellar! The setlist was packed with great tunes, the band sounded great, and they seemed fired up.

The second round was a headlining set with a ton of deep cuts and everything just seemed a bit cheap. The band, other than the guitarists who were giving it their all, seemed tired.

I saw them I think in 2018, could’ve been early 19. That was kind of my takeaway too except Richie Faulkner seemed like the star of the show while Andy Sneap didn’t really seem to know how to act on stage (plus it seemed like Faulkner was playing most of the leads at this point). Having at least one original guitarist to play off of Richie + bring some more stage presence would go a long way IMO.

I saw them I think in 2018, could’ve been early 19. That was kind of my takeaway too except Richie Faulkner seemed like the star of the show while Andy Sneap didn’t really seem to know how to act on stage (plus it seemed like Faulkner was playing most of the leads at this point). Having at least one original guitarist to play off of Richie + bring some more stage presence would go a long way IMO.
Also, KK back in the band would mean more ticket sales, which could mean Priest playing bigger venues.

That is something I am a bit more skeptical about, but for sure a potential selling point. I would love to not have to drive an hour outside of the city to see Priest.

Another supergroup... it's cool if you like all the band members. This is a surprise, I thought Richie will announce his debut solo album.

I'm mostly curious to hear Richie's solos and the structure of the songs (especially if he's the main songwriter).

Another supergroup... it's cool if you like all the band members. This is a surprise, I thought Richie will announce his debut solo album.

I'm mostly curious to hear Richie's solos and the structure of the songs (especially if he's the main songwriter).
This will be cool. I find most supergroups to be pretty tame in the songwriting department (except for Sons of Apollo), but Faulkner + Travis and a young Dio clone singing? I'm onboard.

Oh yeah, and for some reason Rex is there, too. :D

Bit late to the party but I just watched the recent performances of Riding on the Wind and Between the Hammer and the Anvil and was pretty surprised to see even Richie doesn't seem very animated on-stage now, I assume he's having to take it easy after his heart problems. Going into the Hall of Fame performance I'm now expecting KK to be the only one with any stage presence.

Back