Judas Be My Guide

How good is Judas Be My Guide on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Judas Be My Guide

A taste of classic Maiden on a record full of experiments gone wrong. Excellent lyrics about the "dark side" of the free world, spectacular intro, very good short rocker.

Reactions: jcv

Agree wholeheartedly with Zare. 3rd favourite on the record (after ATSS and the title track). Intro is great, the solo is blistering, and this song earns a strong 8.

great rocker wih some great lyrics and blistering solos.

"Fight wars, die in a blaze of glory, come home, meat in plastic sack"

8/10

A solid track - the second half of Fear of the Dark is so much stronger than the first half in my humble little opinion (yes, including COM, TA and WW) and this is one of the strongest tracks on the album.  Davey reaches lofty heights during his solo.

Another under-rated gem!

Chorus kicks so much ass, solo is great, too!

a solid 7.

Short, kicking and fucking great: it's a return to form after the last couple of sucky songs.
Great riff, awesome singing, sing along chorus and awesome solos, what's not to love?
This song is one of the many reasons I love Davey. He can be great song writer, he should write some more.

It's worth an 8.5, so I gave it a 9.

OK, I don't get this track. It is obviously well liked as you can see by the polled scores, but I have never got into this track and find it very forgettable. I toyed with 3 and 4 and settled on 4.

My 4th favorite song on a terrible album. Still only worth a 5. The melody and Bruce's voice a different from your standard Maiden fare, but not necessarily in a good way.

This is a song which has grown on me a lot since I first heard the album, and I think it's good for what it is - a short, positive rocker with a catchy chorus and some nice solos. Better than some of the songs from the album, and quite a bit worse than a couple of others: 'only' 4/10.

This is where the rating get tricky.  I think it is a fun song with a catchy chorus, one of the more memorable ones on this album (especially given the songs right before it).  If I were to rate it withing the context of Fear of the Dark, it would be a 9.  Within the context of Maiden's body of work, it is probably a 5 or 6, within hard rock/metal in general, it is a 6 or 7.  For purposes of this, I will give it 7. 

Catchy track with strong couplets, chorus and solo. Still I do not find it as special as at least three other songs from this album.

An 8 suits me well.

It's a solid track, but still quite forgettable.  I disagree with mckindog in that it's not quite among Maiden's excellent rockers, though.  A solid 7.

This one has always been one of my favorites off Fear of the Dark.  Voted 9 as it's an infectiously melodic rock song with a great hook and fantastic solos.

7 out of 10... A pretty good tune, my favorite part being Dave's guitar work at the beginning. Bruce's vocal doesn't do much for me on this one though...

A nice, catchy tune with above average guitar work, but doesn't quite do it for me somehow. 6/10.

Talk about a forgotten gem! I love this one from start to finish, it's gripping, dramatic, energetic and simply brilliant. 9/10.

Third best song of the album, after the obvious couple. Great chorus, great intro, great melodies. 9/10.

Overrated. There is some strong stuff going on here but nothing too great. It is another forgettable song for me. The chorus is pretty good though. 4/10

9/10. One of the album's stronger songs. It's short, but sweet. Solo is the best part.

Back