Judas Be My Guide

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date

How good is Judas Be My Guide on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Thankfully, this song is not only a return to form, it's one of the highlights of the album. It's scandalous that this track was never played live!

We get an interesting riff followed by an awesome intro solo drenched in delays and accompanied by the stellar and melodic chorus riff. After that we immediately go to the verses, pre-chorus and chorus. No time to waste, awesomeness has to ensue! The chorus is entirely harmonized and it's brilliant. Used to be confused when I was younger that the title of the song and the sung line aren't exactly identical, but I get it nowadays.

Another verse with Bruce's venom. Pre-chorus and chorus again. Then we get to the phenomenal lead section. Then short bridge, before getting to the solo. It's great but I want to point out the rhythm guitar in particular. Very un-Maiden, but it simply works. The last chorus is accompanied by some more lead guitar and a blazing outro.

The song wasted no time at all, it has no time for that. It's pretty short, but each second counts. Still, Childhood's End is a tiny bit better, imo. Nevertheless, another 10!

Eleven years after joining the forum, I still don't regret the choice of the nick. Still a 10/10 song for me, still don't understand why this hasn't been a single and why it hasn't ever been played live, because it'd be an absolute killer. Just look at the votes!

Top drawer material!

It beggars belief it has not been played live!

Oh, wait, it was not written or co-written by Steve/was not an MTV-friendly ballad…

Over the years of listening to live performances of Maiden, I’ve come to realise that the first half of the Fear of the Dark tour had one of the most uninspired set lists of their career. If this song were in it, it would have been a little bit more interesting. It should have e gone after ATSS.

Back