Janick's role in post-reunion Maiden

I enjoy seeing Janick moving around and all the other antics. It adds an element of fun to the show!

Though seeing him throw his guitar in the air is a bit nerve wracking/silly.

Heavy metal is, as they say, serious business. No smiling, no laughing, no fun allowed, ever.

Convincingly pretending that's behind him, I feel.
Still keep wondering if this was his answer to Sharon Osbourne's "Monkey Boy"?

Where is the crime in Maiden looking happy on stage?!? J is a huge part of that.

So tired of metal bands pretending to be moody and aggressive on stage for show

'Pretending'.

I love Alice In Chains and the Blaze Bayley Maiden era for the same reason. It just had a more serious feeling to it. I do enjoy Dave smiling, but I do get feed up with the happy spandex image that Maiden sported...

This is one guy I doubt is that plussed about yet another 80s themed tour since he barely takes any solos on those songs, especially now HBTN is gone from the set. Still he does get to tour the world for the 25th time for free and gets paid for it, looking on the bright side.

This is one guy I doubt is that plussed about yet another 80s themed tour since he barely takes any solos on those songs, especially now HBTN is gone from the set. Still he does get to tour the world for the 25th time for free and gets paid for it, looking on the bright side.

And that's why Revelations is almost guaranteed next year. To give Jan something to solo on. He had a lot of lead playing on TBOS tour, since TRATB for Jan is basicly lead guitar during the whole song.

I read an interview where they said that when Steve brings in a complete song he's got all the parts already worked out and whoever ends up taking them on has to play them exactly as he imagines it. The example they gave was El Dorado, which apparently Janick "volunteered" for and had to peddle incredibly hard to get it sounding the way Steve wanted.

Here:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Iron_Maiden_Super_Troopers

(Adrian doesn't go on to say "Steve never got any volunteers after that", but ...)

I read an interview where they said that when Steve brings in a complete song he's got all the parts already worked out and whoever ends up taking them on has to play them exactly as he imagines it. The example they gave was El Dorado, which apparently Janick "volunteered" for and had to peddle incredibly hard to get it sounding the way Steve wanted.

Here:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Iron_Maiden_Super_Troopers

(Adrian doesn't go on to say "Steve never got any volunteers after that", but ...)

Intersting article! Thanks for posting!

Back