Janick joining Maiden

How can you demand from someone to live up to the quality of the original from someone else.

That's unreasonable.

The man has not only a different way of expressing himself on guitar, he also has a different style.

How can you demand from someone to live up to the quality of the original from someone else.

That's unreasonable.

The man has not only a different way of expressing himself on guitar, he also has a different style.
That's not unreasonable at all. He doesn't have to change his style or anything, but his new rendition should seem like a worthy replacement and in most cases it doesn't imo.

That's unreasonable.
It's really not, Bruce sings Di'Anno's songs better than Di'Anno did.

Don't think I'm a Janick hater, he's my second favorite Maiden guitarist :) Apart from Hallowed, I don't mind Janick doing H's solos. Janick's strength is his showmanship and songwriting, and he's better at that than Dave for example.

Agreed, he contributes a lot to the band, definitely more than Dave at this point and his own solos are usually good. I just don't like his reworks of the old solos.

Why should Janick's solo be a worthy replacement? I don't mind that I prefer some Adrian over Janick renditions. After all, the original music was written with Adrian in the band. It's as logical as 1 and 1 = 2.

It's been going on for 25 years now. I have accepted it ages ago.

These cabaret tours have surely done Janick some good. *sigh*
As said before, he surely must be an incredibly patient man, if he cannot express his own music for such a long time.

Vocals... that's personal (as well) I guess, but I prefer Di'Anno (the old Di' Anno!) on the majority of the stuff he was originally on.

Why should Janick's solo be a worthy replacement?
Because the original soloist is in the band again and there has to be a good reason for still giving Janick that spot other than done courtesy thing. Wasn't a big deal in the 90s because that was the only option, but now with Adrian back it is.

Why should Janick's solo be a worthy replacement?
Look at this way. Adrian is in the band. Janick is in the band. Janick plays some of Adrian's solos. He can at least try to make them as good or better, it's not asking for much. It's not that big of a deal, I certainly won't mind it when I see them live, but since it's brought up...

Also, Mosh just said the same thing.

The reason is, to share the solos a bit between the amigoes. Lately, it's a bit more sad sounding: to give him something to do. To only give him rhythm guitar apart from FOTD, that's disrespectful.

The reason is, to share the solos a bit between the amigoes. Lately, it's a bit more sad sounding: to give him something to do. To only give him rhythm guitar apart from FOTD, that's disrespectful.
It's not the fault of the rest of the band that their most successful era didn't include Janick :p I don't see him complaining or looking bored/angry during the shows, so don't think he minds it at all.

This sounds a lot like the consensus is "Janick is not as good as H, but Maiden are nice to him." :p

I think it's not easy. We're talking about solos, made famous by Adrian Smith.
It's possible though. We know he's capable of great solos as we've heard all over the reunion albums especially. But for some reason he doesn't put the same effort into the old solos, despite playing them for 20+ years.

"Janick is not as good as H in playing solos that were originally done by H, but Maiden are nicer to him than some fans are" :)

maybe the band will play loads of new content from their past 4 albums on the next tour :notworthy: and everyone will STFU about it? :dancinggeek:

after all, the new albums were written with 3 guitars in mind

Yeah, Maiden can't do anything to make everyone STFU.

Back