Janick joining Maiden

He plays great. I'd like to hear the isolated guitar on the classic 80s stuff? Feel a bit sorry for him sometimes as he doesn't get many solos.

Last edited:
"Aces High" is surely problematic, but so was having "Hallowed" as encore. I'm not saying that he can't handle it (actually, in the case of "Aces High", I do) but more that introducing even more challenging songs into the set could risk vocal fatigue setting in during the tour. Maybe they felt "Infinite Dreams" was on the wrong side of confidently getting through the set night after night.
I just don't think they like putting the rehearsal effort in. With the exception of SSOASS, ATSS and Prisoner every other track on the ME tour has been a regular set list fillers in recent years. CSIT being shit live in 1986-87 has no relevance. I love em but they are lazy and bloody unimaginative with set lists. With regard to Bruce voice some of TBOS tracks seem equally challenging vocally as ID, ATG etc. Anyhow they could reinterpret the songs.

I just don't think they like putting the rehearsal effort in. With the exception of SSOASS, ATSS and Prisoner every other track on the ME tour has been a regular set list fillers in recent years. CSIT being shit live in 1986-87 has no relevance. I love em but they are lazy and bloody unimaginative with set lists. With regard to Bruce voice some of TBOS tracks seem equally challenging vocally as ID, ATG etc. Anyhow they could reinterpret the songs.

Well, I agree with them being unimaginative - but Infinite Dreams is probably one of the more challenging songs they've ever done vocally, and Maiden has resisted reinterpretation like nobody else. With the exception of Bruce version of Lord of the Flies, they have, as far as I know, never changed the key of a song to better fit the live performance or the (I stress: naturally) aging voice of Bruce (which probably every rock band ever has done before and after them)... They don't compromise on the recorded versions of the songs, so we'll never get Infinite Dreams unless Bruce can sing it like it was - night after night.

Though I do agree that they could change the setlists around a bit more, I understand why they don't. For every die-hard fan who's delighted to hear a deep cut, there's a casual dad-fan who's there with his sons for their first concert and who's going to rage over them cutting the classics in favor of 'unknown' songs. Or whatever. They can never please everyone, and changing a few songs now and then is what we're going to get.

I'd like to hear the isolated guitar on the classic 80s stuff? .
I think I could take the the right side of the mix of A Real Live Dead One and isolate it, then you could hear his part very clear. It's easier when it's just him and Dave in the mix. But I think you can hear him good on the album as it is:
He plays all the rhythm parts on Prowler as an example and he is mixed to the right. He starts the song.

Jeez that's some awful singing on Prowler. I forgot how bad Bruce was on some of those tracks.

I think I could take the the right side of the mix of A Real Live Dead One and isolate it, then you could hear his part very clear. It's easier when it's just him and Dave in the mix. But I think you can hear him good on the album as it is:
He plays all the rhythm parts on Prowler as an example and he is mixed to the right. He starts the song.

Thanks I have the original cd of this, but haven't heard it in such a long time.

Back